La Luna de Júpiter: cheap tapas and a pretty terrace in central Barcelona
Article updated 14 November, 2018.
Looking for somewhere unusual, set away from the hustle and bustle of the city? The tranquil atmosphere at La Luna de Júpiter might be just the thing!
metro: Jaume I (L4)
Plaça dels Traginers 8
Du lundi au jeudi et le dimanche: de 13h à 01h du matin
Vendredi et samedi de 13h à 03h du matin
from 2 euros
pour ses petits prix et son cadre apaisant
Hidden away in the Gothic quarter, you’ll find a little square just perfect for some peaceful tapas! Grab yourself a table on the terrace at La Luna de Júpiter and make the most of the special atmosphere.
La Luna de Júpiter: peaceful and otherworldly
La Luna de Júpiter is situated on Plaça dels Traginers. At the centre of the square are the remains of a Roman wall, and the sides are lined with buildings old and new from every era of Barcelona’s history.
The tables on the terrace, set out in the shade of the trees, are a very inviting place for drinks and tapas. Hard to resist!
If the terrace is full, rest assured: the interior of La Luna de Júpiter is fabulous, too. Colourful walls and soft lighting combine to create a warm and friendly atmosphere.
La Luna de Júpiter: what’s on offer?
The food on offer at La Luna de Júpiter is simple but varied, ranging from tapas to sandwiches and desserts.
The tapas options are fairly conventional, and served in reasonable portions: patatas bravas, olives, pan con tomate (slices of bread spread with fresh crushed tomatoes and olive oil), hummus, or cheese and meat platters.
- The dessert menu at La Luna de Júpiter is hard to resist! We had the cheesecake with berries and white chocolate: delicious, melt-in-the-mouth, and as light as a cheesecake can be.
- Looking for something a little more substantial? Order a sandwich: fillings on offer include ham, goats’ cheese and smoked salmon.
- The tapas is good, but conventional. If you’re after something more refined or creative, take a look at the other restaurants listed in our “Food and Drink” section.
La Luna de Júpiter sells fruit juice and other soft drinks alongside wine, beer, cava and cocktails.
- The Mojito in particular gets our seal of approval!
La Luna de Júpiter: budget-friendly treats
The prices here are as attractive as the surroundings! Tapas dishes are priced from 2 to 6 euros, sandwiches cost around 8 euros and desserts are priced at 5 euros. Drinks-wise, allow €2.40 for a glass of wine, €2.25 for a beer and between 4 and 6 euros for cocktails.
- Bonus: the staff are very friendly and happy to help!
La Luna de Júpiter: useful information
- There’s a 10% supplement if you choose to sit on the terrace.
- There are only 5 tables outside, and they fill up fast. Don’t hesitate to wait inside and ask staff to let you know as soon as a space becomes available.
Like this article?