Announcing… the Barcelona Top Travel Tips app!
Article updated 28 August, 2019.
Take us with you on a voyage of discovery around Barcelona - our shiny new app is now available for download from the App Store and Google Play!
Sick of unwieldy maps and out-of-date travel guides? Have no fear, our app is here! Constantly updated, it offers a whole host of new ideas for every trip to Barcelona.
Take a couple of minutes to watch the video below, and you’ll see why we’re so excited about it.
Did you like our App? Do not hesitate to leave a comment on the App Store or Google Play. Thank you very much in advance!
1- No need for an internet connection
All of our app content can be viewed offline, i.e. without a WiFi, 3G or 4G connection! Download the app and any updates before you travel, and you’ll have everything to hand without having to pay a cent in roaming charges.
2- The perfect guide to help you make the most of your stay
The app is self-explanatory and easy to use, designed to make your life easier.
3- Help to organise your trip: save time and money
The app lets you book flights, accommodation, car hire and even parking at the best possible prices and in a matter of minutes.
It also shows all of the options for cut-price queue jump tickets for some of Barcelona’s biggest attractions.
4- All of our top tips in your pocket
Imagine carrying 500 printed articles around with you… maybe not the best idea! Our app is pretty much weightless (assuming you have your phone with you anyway), and gives you access to the very latest content from our website.
5- An interactive map centred on your current location
Our interactive map features icons highlighting top tips for the area you’re in (restaurants, tapas, bars, hotels and more). You can also filter the results by theme.
The map also shows stations, metro lines and bus routes, very practical when you don’t know the city or if you have no sense of direction (or both!).
6-Help in an emergency
Better safe than sorry… our “useful information” page gives you direct access to emergency numbers and includes details of Barcelona’s main hospitals and consulates, saving you precious time when you need it most.
…and all for the low, low price of less than €3 – less than a quarter of what you’d expect to pay for a paper guidebook! By charging, we avoid the need for paid adverts in the app – something we know you’ll appreciate. You should also get your money’s worth out of the app pretty quickly by making the most of our money-saving tips and promotions!
Downloading the app: useful information
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, it will connect to the Barcelona Top Travel Tips site to download the latest versions of our 500 articles, photos, maps of Barcelona, and other useful information. This is the only time you’ll need a WiFi connection – you don’t want to be downloading large amounts of content when roaming!
- Once the content download process has started, we recommend leaving the app open for 5-10 minutes whilst everything is installed.
- After the initial content has been downloaded, you won’t need a data connection. Our maps and articles are stored in your phone, and the GPS function doesn’t need a network connection. Once you arrive in Barcelona, we recommend you turn off your phone’s data connection for peace of mind.
- You’ll need a WiFi or data connection to update the app, but it’s up to you to choose when that happens.
- The app does feature links to third-party booking sites (flights, hotels, car parking, tours etc.) – if you choose to use these functions, you will need a data connection.
Ready to explore Barcelona with us?
Like this article?