Pudding Diagonal or the Harry Potter café in Barcelona: gourmet gifts thanks to Barcelona Top Travel Tips!
Barcelona has an entire café devoted to the many devoted fans of Harry Potter. If that's you, then hop on your Nimbus 2000 and head straight over!
Av. Diagonal 515
(near the Illa shopping centre)
Bus: 6, 7, 33, 34 and H8 lines (Diagonal-Ganduxer stop, close to the café)
Métro: Maria Cristina (L3)
Sunday-Thursday: 9am to 9pm
Fridays and Saturdays: 9am to 11pm
between 5 and 15 euros
Get free desserts with our magic code "Harry Potter"
For magic and brownies
You will not find Pudding on a cosy little side street, but right on one of Barcelona’s biggest avenues. This café, inspired by the world of Harry Potter, is a little like the Leaky Cauldron. You know, the famous bar that marks the transition from the world of the Muggles to the world of the wizards? Well, you simply have to step inside to feel like you are entering the heart of the world of the bespectacled young wizard!
In addition, thanks to the Barcelona Top Travel Tips “Harry Potter Code”, you will get a piece of gourmet desserts for free. It’s a great deal!
- Warning! We don’t recommend going to Pudding Diagonal on Saturdays and Sundays between 5pm and 8pm, you may have to queue to get in at that time.
The little presents of the Harry Potter café and Barcelona Top Travel Tips
Here comes the time for small gifts!
At the time of your order, all you need to do is give the magic code: Harry Potter and we will offer you nice surprises!
- Attention, this offer is valid at any time from Monday to Friday but it does not apply on weekends and public holidays.
- If you are alone and you spend at least 3 euros, you will get a cup of coffee for free.
- If you are between 2 and 8 people and you have the equivalent of a menu, you will get a small portion of cake or a biscuit for free. You can choose any from those of the photo below! (By the beard of Merlin, a veeeery difficult choice! 😉
- If you are a group of more than 8 adults and you have the equivalent of a menu, each of you will get a glass of Cava (Catalan champagne) for free!
- Groups of more than 8 children or teenagers will benefit from the offer of and adult group of 2 to 8 people.
- If you are a group of more than 20 people (birthdays, hen party, school group, sports event…) contact Juan (he speaks English) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 0034 692 736 088.
- In any case, don’t forget to give your magic code: Harry Potter to receive the special gifts.
The magic of Harry on a full stomach
The American brunch staples are all here, as well as a range of salads, sandwiches and quiches of the day. Not to mention the huge colorful cakes, that are simply to good to pass up!
The café even offers a very varied selection of teas and hot drinks all served in a pretty English cup and saucer to go with the theme.
The prices are affordable: you can treat yourself to lunch for around €10 and a very generous slice of cake costs around €4.
Our favorite was the cherry tomato quiche with a delicious salad at lunchtime.
And a little later in the afternoon, why not try their fabulously chocolatey fondant brownie with a coffee?
Pudding: a new generation of cafés
Like the We Pudding inspired by Alice in Wonderland, the aim of the Harry Potter Pudding Diagonal is to create a space that combines the three pleasures of eating, playing and thinking!
The café is laid out over three carefully decorated floors. There are board games that are free to use and a number of couches in which to relax. They even suggest some wizardy activities!
It’s the perfect place for all ages and interests: whether you want a quiet place to read, to drink a coffee with friends or play a game with the kids the magic works on all levels to satisfy even the most demanding Muggles.
Travel to the heart of the Harry Potter universe
Here every corner is bursting with details to appeal to even the most die-hard fans: the sorting hat and the Whomping willow welcome you at the entrance. At the side you will find a wall full of multi-colored magic wands worthy of Ollivander’s shop. Climb the few steps to the first floor and you will feel like you are in the common room at Gryffindor.
On the floor above, pictures of the four houses of the castle hang from the walls. All around, boards similar to those in the corridors at Hogwarts, are hanging. In a corner there is a bookcase containing, among other books, all the volumes of the Harry Potter series as well as a number of board games. And the attention to detail is so great, they have even included a bed under the stairs!
Don’t wait too long to visit. You and your family will no doubt fall under its magical spell!
Like this article?