VegetArt: take-away vegan food for a great price in Gràcia
Article updated 28 August, 2017.
No time to cook? VegetArt offers a healthy, delicious solution! Go and discover a wide range of vegan dishes to take away!
Carrer del Torrent de l'Olla, 138
metro: Fontana (L3)
Monday to Friday
12pm to 8:30pm
Between €1 and €4
For excellent value
Do you dream of convenient, affordable food that you can take away and that doesn’t contain any animal products? Well, sometimes dreams come true! In VegetArt they sell products to prepare at home that don’t contain meat, fish, eggs, dairy or honey!
Tucked away in the Gràcia neighbourhood, VegetArt fits in perfectly with the local bohemian atmosphere! You wouldn’t exactly stumble across the discrete little store, but thankfully we are here reveal all its secrets!;)
The VegetArt store
VegetArt’s store is small but it’s very tastefully decorated to make you feel immediately at home! As soon as you go in, you will find yourself face to face with a glass case displaying all the day’s dishes. Every day there is a special dish that’s posted to social media. You can also ask for it in the store but we recommend you get there early as it tends to disappear quickly!
The VegetArt products
Being short of time will no longer be an excuse for not eating healthily! At VegetArt you will find dishes made from the best quality produce, and at the back of the store you can see the kitchen where the specials are prepared every day.
After much serious thought (food is a serious business) I opted for their renowned tortilla, a portion of hummus and a burger made from legumes, carrot and curry.
- I must admit that as a proponent of the traditional tortilla, I had my doubts, but I was pleasantly surprised! It was very tasty, and almost as good as my grandmother’s (almost, as grandmothers are sacred).
- As for the hummus (see the photo below), it’s exquisite! I think it will be hard to resist popping in to buy more every time I pass by, especially as they make it fresh every day.
- The burger was also delicious, and the mixture of curry and legumes gave it a very interesting twist.
VegetArt’s philosophy of environmental respect and animal welfare
In VegetArt they believe in using local produce, making their dishes an authentic local delicacy. They have done away with the myth that vegan food is boring and they refresh their menu every day, and ensure that the dish of the day is always original and delicious! You only have to take a look at their instagram to see. I was particularly taken with the veggie steak and stout!
- Don’t miss our selection of vegetarian restaurants in Barcelona!
- Are you one of those people who always leaves room for dessert? Take yourself to Besnéta! A vegan bakery just a couple of streets away.
VegetArt: useful information
- VegetArt is open Monday to Friday from 12pm to 8:30pm.
- They also serve some delicious desserts.
- Everything is provided for you to enjoy your food on the go, including Tupperware and lids!
5 good reasons to visit VegetArt
- VegetArt dishes are made fresh every day
- The ingredients are fresh and very good quality
- The dishes are balanced and healthy
- The atmosphere is welcoming, and the staff will help you choose the dishes that are best suited to your tastes.
- VegetArt has a loyal customer base, so whatever time you get there, there are always local people at the counter: a good sign!
And that’s it, now all you have to do is pick a place to enjoy your food. Luckily in this article you will find our favorite places for picnics in Barcelona!
Like this article?