Airport parking in Barcelona: book ahead and save!
Booking a flight from Barcelona Airport? Need somewhere to leave your car? Find out more about your options and book online before you travel!
Barcelona airport is a great starting point for an adventure, and can be a great option to travel to other parts of Spain or further afield.
Obviously, if you’re arriving by car, you’re going to need somewhere to park! Airport parking can be tricky (and expensive), particularly if you’re not used to the airport in question.
- 1 Barcelona el Prat Airport: terminals T1 and T2
- 2 Book airport parking online
- 3 Airport parking in Barcelona: the how-to guide
- 4 Parclick Carparks at Barcelona Airport
- 5 1- Parking Terminal 1 (T1) Barcelona
- 6 2- Parking Terminal 2 (T2) Barcelona
- 7 Long-stay parking at Barcelona El Prat airport
- 8 VIP options: valet parking
Barcelona el Prat Airport: terminals T1 and T2
The Prat de Llobregat airport, 17km south-west of Barcelona, is made up of two terminals (named, surprise surprise, T1 and T2), a few kilometres apart.
Bcn Airport – Terminal 1 (T1)
The behemoth that is Terminal 1 was desigbed by Ricardo Bofill and opened for serivce in June 2009. It is now Barcelona’s largest airport terminal.
Around 70% of flights into and out of Barcelona go through terminal 1, which welcomes over 55 million passengers each year. The terminal is used by airlines such as British Airways, Air France, Vueling, Iberia, KLM, Brussels Airways and Air Canada, among others.
Bcn Airport – Terminal 2 (T2)
Terminal 2, opened before the 1992 Olympics, is split into three sections (A, B and C).
Nowadays, it accounts for the remaining 30% of traffic – mosty regional airlines and certain low-cost international companies, including Easyjet.
- Top tip: Check which terminal your flight is leaving from before you travel so you can plan your journey properly!
Book airport parking online
is a great advance booking platform for carparks. We’ve used it several times ourselves and have never been disappointed! Fro more details, see our article on budget-friendly parking in Barcelona.
Parclick: why we like it
- The Parclick website features clear and precise information, presented in an attractive and easy-to-use format.
- Questions? Parclick’s customer service team will do everything in their power to help you out.
- Register with Parclick and you’ll get exclusive deals – can’t say no to that!
- Once you’ve booked, you’ll have a guaranteed spot in your chosen carpark.
- The Parclick network covers over 170 destinations, and is one of the largest parking networks in Europe. This makes it easy to find the best solution for your needs, picking from a vast selection of options (there are 7 different possibilities for Barcelona Airport alone!)
Airport parking in Barcelona: the how-to guide
Barcelona Airport is a major international hub, so you’d be well-advised to book ahead.
- We suggest you book airport parking as soon as you’ve bought your plane tickets: it’s also worth comparing the different options on offer in order to find the best possible solution for your needs.
- Read the Parclick listing for each carpark carefully before you book to avoid any last-minute surprises.
The most practical options
are the 2 official Barcelona Airport carparks: the Terminal 1 carpark and (you guessed it) the Terminal 2 carpark, near the departure gates for their respective terminals. That said, they may not offer the cheapest solution.
There are five more options available on Parclick: a mix of long-stay, low-cost and VIP – see below for details. Some are cheaper than the official carparks, which is great if you’re on a tight budget.
- The Bcn Airport Terminal 1 carpark: indoor (3 minute walk)
- The Bcn Airport Terminal 2 carpark: indoor or covered outdoor parking (3 minute walk)
- The official long-stay Aena carpark, located midway between the two terminals (free 5 minute shuttle transfer)
- The low-cost Aeropark Park & Ride carpark (free 10 minute shuttle transfer)
- The Quick Parking (free 15 minutes shuttle transfer)
- The VIP parking area, with valet service, as close as you can possibly get to each terminal
- The Aeropark Valet low-cost carpark, with valet service, but cheaper than the VIP area
1- Parking Terminal 1 (T1) Barcelona
The T1 airport carpark is an impressive nine-storey structure, providing parking spaces for 11,000 vehicles.
- The BIG plus:: the carpark is directly connected to Terminal 1, meaning that you’ll be at your departure gate in a matter of minutes.
- Once you’ve booked your spot using Parclick, follow the directions they send you.
- When you arrive, wait at the barrier while the automatic number plate recognition system does its thing. You’ll be issued with a pre-paid ticket with all the details of your online booking.
- Top tip: make a note of the floor and space number before leaving your car so you can find it easily when you get back!
- Keep hold of your ticket. You’ll need to validate it in one of the automatic machines on Level 1 before leaving the carpark when you get back.
2- Parking Terminal 2 (T2) Barcelona
There are two areas in the T2 airport carpark. The first area is inside, while the second is outside (but covered and protected from the elements). It offers parking for around 9,000 vehicles.
- The BIG plus: the carpark (indoor and outdoor spaces) is just over the road from the departures building. No need to wait for a shuttle!
- Once you’ve booked your spot using Parclick, follow the directions they send you. When you arrive, wait at the barrier while the automatic number plate recognition system does its thing. You’ll be issued with a pre-paid ticket with all the details of your online booking.
- Top tip: look for a space in the indoor area first. Full up? No problem – the outdoor spaces are also sheltered from the elements. Make a note of your space number (or take a photo) to make it easier to find your car when you get back.
- Keep hold of your ticket. You’ll need to validate it in one of the automatic machines outside (photo below) or on Level 0 of the inside area before leaving the carpark when you get back.
Long-stay parking at Barcelona El Prat airport
There are other, cheaper airport parking options, which offer a good alternative to the official carparks at the two terminals.
- Be aware that these options are less practical than the official carparks as they are located a few kilometers from the airport – you’ll need to take the shuttle bus.
- Allow an extra half-hour for transfers between the carpark and your departure gate.
The official long-stay airport carpark
- The third official Barcelona airport carpark is located around 2km from each terminal.
- It’s secure, with 24-hour video surveillance.
- There’s a free shuttle bus for transfers between your car and both terminals, running every 20 minutes (full details available on the Parclick website).
- Make sure you book ahead – the long-stay carpark fills up quickly.
- Allow an extra half-hour for transfers.
- This low-cost carpark is located around 10 minutes from the two terminals at Barcelona Airport.
- It’s open 24/7.
- There’s a free shuttle bus for transfers to and from the airport (either terminal). Once you’ve booked a space through Parclick, you’ll need to call the carpark to book your seat on the bus.
- To be on the safe side, allow an extra 45 mins for transfers on the day of departure.
Airport parking: Quick Parking
Another budget-friendly option is to park further out (around 10km from both terminals) on an open-air site which offers excellent value for money.
- Transfers to and from either terminal take around 15 minutes.
- There’s a free shuttle bus for transfers to and from the airport (either terminal).
- Once you’ve booked a space through Parclick, you’ll need to call the carpark to book your seat on the bus.
- To be on the safe side, allow an extra 45 mins for transfers on the day of departure.
VIP options: valet parking
VIP carparks at Barcelona Airport, T1 and T2
These small, select spaces at Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 offer valet parking, saving you precious time before and after your flight.
The Aeropark Valet low cost carpark
- A cheaper alternative to the VIP carparks, but one which still includes valet parking – great if you’re in a hurry.
Time to book? Use the comparison tool to pick the best option for you based on your travel dates:
Ready to fly?
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 1 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Valérie, the creator of Barcelona Top Travel Tips, loves discovering new places, finding the words to describe them, and coming up with little illustrations for the website. Her favourite thing in Barcelona is the unusual, curvy architectural features of some of the city’s buildings. Some say she’s a dreamer… in any case, a city full of works by Gaudí is a great place for her!