Amistat Beach Hostel: a hostel near the beach in Barcelona
Article updated 15 April, 2019.
Looking for a practical youth hostel, near the beach, where you can meet new people? Try the Amistat Beach Hostel!
metro: Poblenou (L4)
from 20 euros per person
for its friendliness
“Amistat” means “friendship” in Catalan. The Amistat Beach Hostel takes its name from the street where it’s situated, and has taken the name to heart, aiming to create connections between visitors. A very attractive concept, we’re sure you’ll agree!
The philosophy of the Amistat Beach Hostel
The Amistat team organises a whole range of activities in order to encourage interaction between customers. For example, collective dinners are arranged on a regular basis, where you can enjoy cooking and eating the evening’s menu alongside other visitors.
If you want to discover the city, you’ll also enjoy the free guided visits, which last around 90 minutes (free, but tips are always welcome).
- As you may have guessed, the goal of the Amistat Beach Hostel is to create a feeling of community within the establishment.
Rooms at the Amistat Beach Hostel
All of the rooms at the Amistat have windows, most of which open onto the pedestrianised Carrer Amistat, making them bright and peaceful.
The Amistat Beach Hostel has two private rooms on the mezzanine level. Warm and colourful, they have twin beds, toilets and a bathroom which opens off the room. Best be on intimate terms with the person you’re sharing with, then!
- A private room for two will set you back from €50 a night.
The Amistat Beach Hostel includes dormitories for 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12, some mixed, some ladies-only.
- Every bed has a locker for personal belongings.
- Some dormitories also have private bathrooms.
If you appreciate nice showers, then you’ll be a fan of the bathrooms at the Amistat Beach Hostel, which are kept immaculate and have plenty of cabins. The ladies’ bathroom is also well-equipped in mirrors and hair dryers.
Dining room and kitchen
The ground floor of the hostel is home to a dining room and the kitchen. And what a kitchen! You’ll find everything you need to make your meals. If you’ve brought fresh food with you, simply pick a free compartment in the shared fridge.
- The Amistat Beach Hostel has a “Free Pasta” system: a big container of pasta, to which everyone has access. Simply cook your serving and add your own ingredients for the sauce.
Make the most of the sunny terrace at the Amistat to enjoy the sunshine, or for a quiet break with friends! It’s well-exposed, perfect for sunbathing.
Advantages of the Amistat Beach Hostel
- Its location: the Amistat Beach Hostel is near the beach (Mar Bella and Bogatell) and the Poblenou metro station.
- Its focus on meetings and making friends.
- The free activities on offer: salsa lessons, visits, nocturnal beach picnics… all free of charge!
- The level of comfort: the Amistat opened in early 2013, and is still like new. The whole hostel is also cleaned on a daily basis.
- Two computers and a games console are available free of charge, on request.
- Prices start at 10 euros a night for a bed in the dorms and 50 euros for a private room.
- Check-in is from 2pm and check-out is by 11am.
- For an extra €2.50, you get access to a continental-style breakfast buffet, with cereal, bread, pastries, hot drinks, etc., served from 8am til 11am every day.
- The shared areas of the hostel (kitchen, dining room and terrace) are open until 2am.
- The hostel is equipped with washing machines. Washing costs €4.50 (powder included), as does use of the dryers.
- Free wifi is available throughout.
- There’s a left-luggage service, so you can leave your belongings at the hostel if you like.
- The Amistat Beach Hostel has a lift, enabling wheelchair access, and 8 specially-adapted beds.
- Reception is open 24/7 and staff speak English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
Like this article?