Barceló Atenea Mar: an elegant and peaceful hotel on the seafront
If your main aims in visiting Barcelona are relaxation, peace, comfort and time at the beach, then the Barceló Atenea Mar in Poblenou is the place for you!
metro: Poblenou (L4)
Paseo García Faria 37-47
tous les jours de l'année
from 90 euros
for the view from the rooms
The Barceló Atenea Mar is located in Poblenou, a peaceful area far from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. An elegant establishment, perfect for relaxing!
A well-connected seafront hotel
Set on the Passeig de Garcia Fària, you can’t get much closer to the sea than the Barceló Atenea Mar! A few steps from the hotel, you’ll be on the beach.
To get into central Barcelona, simply take the metro from the closest station, around a ten-minute walk from the hotel.
An oasis of calm
The Barceló Atenea Mar is adults-only, reflecting a desire for absolute calm. This may seem rather surprising, but the hotel feels that clients might be disturbed by the noise which children are bound to make.
In the low season, the Barceló attracts professional business travellers, another relatively calm group.
Rooms at the Barceló Atenea Mar
The Barceló Atenea Mar is known for the spectacular views from the rooms. 80% look out over the Barcelona coastline – we can’t think of many better things to wake up to!
The remaining rooms offer views of the city, and in that case, you can enjoy spotting some of Barcelona’s most iconic monuments from your room.
- There are two types of room on offer: luxury suites, from the 6th to the 12th floor, which include a bedroom and a lounge, and “superior” rooms, which are slightly smaller.
- All of the rooms are practical, bright, comfortable and equipped with large bathrooms.
Public areas of the Barceló Atenea Mar
The terrace and pool
If you want to take a dip without leaving the hotel, head for the roof, where an infinity pool awaits! It’s not huge, but there’s still plenty of space for a quick swim overlooking the sea. Fabulous!
- Deckchairs must be rented, and they don’t come cheap. Rental is per day (from 20 euros, including a glass of wine).
There’s still plenty of space to enjoy the sunshine, from one of the bean bags or free-access chairs!
- The terrace also has a bar, open from 10am -10pm, perfect for drinks at any time of the day.
The jacuzzi and gym
If exercise and relaxation are your thing, the Barceló Atenea has a gym, jacuzzi and two saunas, accessible free of charge.
Located on the ground floor, “El Comedor”, the restaurant at the Barceló, is open morning, noon and night.
- A continental breakfast buffet is served every day from 7am-10am and will set you back €15.
- At lunchtime, the restaurant offers a fixed-price menu for around 16 euros including a homemade starter, main and dessert. Specialities include mediterranean cuisine and particularly arroces, rice-based regional specialities.
- In the evening, items on the à la carte menu are available in different portion sizes (tapas, half-portions or mains), offering something for all appetites and for all budgets.
- The Comedor also has an outdoor terrace where you can enjoy your meal whilst making the most of the sea breezes!
- The hotel is adults-only (no under-16s)
- Reception is open 24/7, and staff speak English, French, Italian, Spanish and Catalan.
- Check-in is at 2pm, and check-out by noon.
- The minimum price is 90 euros for a superior room and 125 euros for a suite.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms.
- Breakfast is not included in the price, and costs 15 euros/day.
- The hotel offers a left-luggage service.
- There are 4 fully-accessible rooms, and the hotel has several lifts.
- No pets.
- Beach equipment (parasols and towels) can be rented from the hotel for €1.50/day.
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 1 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Olivia has always loved Barcelona: its modernity, the fantastic climate, the sun, the beaches, the tiny winding streets of the Gothic quarter, the joyful and festive atmosphere… Like all the best love stories, this one ends “happily ever after”, and Olivia has now set up home in the Catalan capital.