BCN Sport Hostel: half-hostel, half-gym!
Athletes and gym bunnies: we've found your dream hostel! BCN Sport Hostel combines all the facilities of a youth hostel with a fully-equipped gym.
Carrer Perill 26
metro: Verdaguer (L4)
from 15 euros
for its quirky décor
for the gym
The BCN Sport Hostel is a youth hostel with a twist which will appeal to all exercise fanatics and even occasional gym-goers!
BCN Sport Hostel, a youth hostel devoted to sports
Incredible themed décor
As soon as you step through the doorway of BCN Sport Hostel, the game begins! The spectacular décor in the entrance leaves no doubt as to the theme of the place.
The reception desk is held up by two enormous footballs, whilst the seats in the waiting area are arranged like American baseball bleachers. There’s even a stepped winners’ podium, just for taking photos, and exercise bikes available to all. It’s wacky, original and well-designed: we love it!
- The fun side of the hostel appeals to children, and the hostel is very popular with families.
The BCN Sport Hostel is attached to a gym. Just €3 gets you access to all of the gym equipment, and believe us, there’s plenty of it!
Excess energy to burn? Let off steam in the weights and cardio room, with its full range of machines. Need a little motivation? Sign up for a class in one of the 4 halls. Ready to cool off? Then jump into the pool!
First work, then play: kick back in the jacuzzi or the hot tub, or enjoy a spot of sunbathing on one of the sun loungers. Ahhhh, that’s better!
BCN Sport Hostel, a youth hostel with all the facilities you might need
Sleeping at BCN Sport Hostel
BCN Sport Hostel is immense, with 400 beds in total, split between rooms and dormitories for 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12.
- The major bonus here is that every room or dormitory has its own en suite bathroom.
Every bed has its own plug socket, reading light and locker. Bed linen is included in the price, but towels are not provided, so remember to bring your own.
The following video gives a good general impression of the hostel:
Eating at BCN Sport Hostel
Hungry? Several options are available at the BCN Sport Hostel:
- Buy supplies at the supermarket and prepare your meals in the hostel’s shared kitchen.
- Eat in the café, which sells the Nostrum range of ready meals. These are made with no artificial preservatives and are inexpensive.
- Settle for a snack or sandwich from one of the hostel’s vending machines.
Breakfast costs €3, and it’s worth every cent, with an all-you-can-eat buffet of sweet and savoury foods, hot drinks and juices.
Relaxing at BCN Sport Hostel
The immense scale of BCN Sport Hostel menas it has a large number of shared areas, including several lounges for relaxing or playing board games, a bright, covered patio, a small cinema room and a huge room terrace. You’re sure to find your own happy place…
- The hostel is wheelchair-accessible
- Some of the staff speak English
- Check-in is from 2pm, whilst check-out is before 10am
- All of the rooms boast adjustable air conditioning and heating systems
- The hostel offers female-only dorms
- For a small fee, you can even wash and dry your laundry on-site.
Like this article?