Buenaventura, healthy, high quality, environmentally friendly cuisine in Barcelona
Need delicious healthy food with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options at a great price in the city center? You're looking for Buenaventura!
Metro: Urquinaona (L1, L4)
Monday to Saturday: 9am to 9pm
Lunch menu for around €10
Desserts from €2.50
For its environmentally friendly concept
If you’re health conscious but loathe to deprive yourself of life’s greatest pleasures, we can recommend a place where the food is both healthy and absolutely delicious. It’s called Buenaventura!
At Buenaventura authenticity is key, and they use the most natural products available. Moreover, they use seasonal, locally sourced products, for a 100% environmentally friendly concept.
Using fresh local produce, this restaurant offers a wide variety of tasty and healthy dishes. Your health is important here, but so is your pallet!
You can come for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack, as the menu is exceptional at any time of day!
Buenaventura’s delicious menu to suit your tastes and needs
- The lunchtime set menu includes a starter, main course, and home made dessert as well as a drink, for just €10.50!
- There is a great selection for vegetarians, vegans and gluten intolerant customers and if you want a particular dish made without gluten, you just need to ask!:)
I went for the set lunch menu, and I was not sorry! There were just two starters and two mains to choose from, which was lucky because even then it was a little difficult to choose!
In the end I went for the cream of mushroom, and it was exquisite! And my main course was just as good: a creamy vegetable risotto that almost brought a tear to my eye.
For dessert, the menu includes a daily special (in my case a delicious pudding) but you may like to pay a little more for one of the other home made desserts (there is a long and mouth-watering list)!
- The lunch menu also includes the Benedict option, with a natural juice, a generous portion of eggs Benedict, and a hot drink (tea or coffee) for €10 (a top tip for brunch or an early dinner)!
Buenaventura’s drinks menu will quench your thirst in the best possible way
There’s no slacking on the drinks front. Given their commitment to quality produce, they create incredible smoothies, not to mention a range of natural juices all made with fresh fruit. The smoothie menu is so long you may have to try more than one, and like me, you will probably come back (more than once) to try more. You’ve been warned!
The list of teas is also extensive, and there’s nothing better to warm up a long Winter afternoon. Definitely a top tip!
Buenaventura and its relaxing atmosphere
Buenaventura occupies an interesting and modern space. It is simply decorated with a considered style, combining original beams and pillars with a touch of color (there is one entirely pink wall!).
It’s an ample space that inspires calm. The atmosphere is relaxed and there is even a table with couches that you can request if you are in group. And let’s face it, everyone loves a couch!
Buenaventura’s accessible prices
- Personally, I tried the set lunch menu for €10.50. Excellent value!
But if you prefer to eat à la carte, the prices are very reasonable:
- Expect to pay between €6-7 for a generous portion of salad or soup and around €5-6 for a toasted sandwich or a quiche.
- There is also a great selection of tortillas made with free range eggs from €3.50. There is even a vegan tortilla option!
- Desserts start at €2.50.
- In terms of drinks, teas are around €3 and smoothies between €5 and €6.
- It’s open all day Monday to Saturday from 9am to 9pm so you can drop in at any time of day!
So now you know, if you’re looking for delicious, healthy, sustainable cuisine at a decent price right in the center of the city, you’re looking for Buenaventura!
Enjoy your meal!
Like this article?