Central Garden: a youth hostel in the centre of Barcelona with a peaceful atmosphere
Article updated 7 June, 2019.
Succumb to the charms of the unpretentious Central Garden youth hostel where kindness and congeniality are key.
metro: Passeig de Gràcia (L2 L3 L4)
Roger de Lluria 41
every day of the year
from 15 euros per person
for its peaceful atmosphere
Despite being located right by the lively city centre streets, the Central Garden youth hostel is very quiet, and everything is arranged here to help you thoroughly enjoy Barcelona.
Dormitories at the Central Garden can accommodate four, five or six people. Those with four beds can be rented as a private room.
The decor in the rooms is simple but they are clean and bright and contain everything you need, including storage furniture and lockers for keeping your belongings safe.
The common areas
The kitchen, lounge and terrace are not very big but they are large enough for this cosy hostel. In the lounge, magazines and computers are freely available and a large table reigns over the terrace.
Breakfast is not included in the price but tea and coffee are freely available in the kitchen. If you don’t want to have breakfast in the hostel, the receptionist will be happy to recommend some local cafés.
Little extras at the Central Garden
The great thing about the Central Garden is the kindness of the accommodating and patient staff. Some members of the team have even been awarded prizes, which you can admire at reception. Many of them also speak English.
Every Friday a dinner is organised at which your attendance will cost you the princely sum of 3 to 5 euros, and where the chef is none other then the owner of the Central Garden, a former professional chef who previously had a restaurant in New York!
A free guided tour of the city is also given in English every morning.
- Check-in is from 1pm and check-out is before 10:30am. However, reception is open 24 hours so you can come and go at any hour.
- The Central Garden has heating and air conditioning.
- The hostel requires a minimum stay of 2 nights. Expect to pay 15 to 30 euros per person per night off season; 25 to 40 euros at peak times.
- When you arrive you will be asked to pay a 20 euro deposit, which will be returned to you when you return the keys.
- If you happen to have forgotten to bring a towel, you can rent one for 2 euros.
- A free luggage service is also available.
Like this article?