Circuit Barcelona: this summer’s biggest gay festival
Circuit is Europe's biggest gay festival. If you're planning a visit, read on for useful hints and tips.
Barcelona and surrounding area
6th - 16th August 2020
Pass: approx. 350 euros
For the spectacular events
The Circuit Festival will be held from 6th – 16th August 2020 in and around Barcelona. It’s an immense gay festival which attracts fans of sea, sun and fabulous fun.
Circuit Barcelona: Europe’s biggest LGBT festival
Circuit is a fairly recent addition to the festival scene, launched in the late 2000s to fill a gap in the LGBT-oriented festival market.
It’s an international festival, attracting visitors from all over the world – and where better to hold it than Barcelona? On top of being the gay capital of Europe, the city also offers exceptional cultural heritage, high-end gastronomy, beaches, great shopping and a fabulous climate. A winning combination!
The festival is now Europe’s largest LGBT event, attracting over 70,000 participants each year. Ready to join the crowds?
Circuit Festival: 11 days of non-stop partying
The Circuit Festival goes on for 11 days, making it one of the longest events of its type. A whole host of activities and evening events are organised every day, as you can see from the official festival programme.
Water Park events
The Water Park events are one of the most iconic aspects of Circuit, and are held at Illa Fantasia, in Vilassar de Dalt.
- There’s a special bus service laid on for the festival. Allow up to 75 minutes for the journey.
Buying tickets for Circuit Festival 2020
There are two options for buying tickets: you can pick and choose from the list of events, or buy a combined pass for the whole festival. If you’re planning on going to several different events, we recommend getting the pass, which also comes with certain perks:
- An official T-shirt and welcome pack
- Priority access to evening events
- 4x free entry to gyms in the DIR chain (some of Barcelona’s best-known gyms)
- 10% off at participating retailers.
Getting your tickets
- We recommend buying your tickets or passes online in case they sell out before you get there.
- Once you’ve paid, simply print your voucher and present it at the Welcome Point, along with an ID document, to get your wristband.
Festival Pass: conditions of use
There are certain rules to bear in mind when buying a pass for the whole festival:
- You’ll need to keep hold of your wristband for the full duration of the festival.
- If your wristband is lost or damaged, it will cease to be valid, and you won’t be entitled to a refund.
There is a bus service that leaves from Plaza Catalunya (in front of the Hard Rock café) and takes you directly to the festival. It’s very practical to save time on your trips!
- Entry is strictly adults-only. You may be asked for proof of age.
- The festival is wheelchair-accessible.
- The festival is extemely popular, and long queues are possible. Try to arrive early if you want to get into events without having to wait.
- A cloakroom is available at all events.
- Food and drink may not be brought into Circuit events.
- The festival is “hetero-friendly”.
Like this article?
4.25/5 - 8 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Pauline loves books, food and new discoveries. For her articles, she loves finding original and authentic places which are a treat for both the eyes and the tastebuds. Her favourite thing to do in Barcelona? Getting lost in the Old Town and soaking up its unique atmosphere... whilst enjoying the appetising smells emerging from restaurant kitchens! Is there anything better than that?