Color Run Barcelona: a colourful race with a great soundtrack
Article updated 17 November, 2017.
Barcelona plays host to a Color Run once a year, usually in November. Get ready for a fun, festive and colourful 5k like no other!
metro: El Maresme/Fòrum (L4)
Parc del Fòrum
19th Novembre, from 9am
from 20 euros
Color Run races have been popping up all over the globe in recent years, so it’s no surprise that Barcelona has its own edition.
What’s a Color Run?
A Color Run is a 5k with a unique twist, and can be enjoyed solo or as part of the team. The time you take to complete the course doesn’t matter – the important thing here is to join in and to have fun!
The course is lined with volunteers throwing different coloured powders over the runners. Make sure you wear light-coloured (preferably white) clothing for the best effect!
There’s a big party at the finish line, with DJs to keep things moving, and yet more coloured powder, just in case anyone’s still (relatively) clean!
- The powder is cornflour-based and 100% natural, so there’s no risk to your health, or your skin.
The Color Run principle
The Color Run concept was born in 2012 in the USA, with two aims:
- To bring together professional and amateur runners in a unique race environment
- To perpetuate the Indian tradition of Holi, a celebration of springtime and of fertility, known around the globe for – guess what? – people throwing coloured powder at each other!
Color Run: essential information
- Participants: approx. 15,000
- Starting point: Parc del Fòrum
- Arrival point: Parc del Fòrum
- Festival location: Behind the finish line!
- Dates for 2017: 19th November
Registration will get you:
- A wristband and number, giving you access to the starting zone
- A Color Run T-shirt
- Fake tattoos (!)
- A Color Run bag
- A headband
- Access to the Color Run festival.
To sign up, simply head to the official COLOR RUN website and choose your preferred time slot (9, 9.30, 10 or 10.30 am). You’ll need to go and collect your number before the race.
- On the day, we recommend wearing old clothing, as the colours can stain.
- If you’re travelling by car, we also recommend bringing a towel or bin bags to sit on to avoid staining your seats!
Want to see what it’s all about? The video below was filmed during a previous edition:
Like this article?