Granja Petitbo: for a delicious start to the day
Granja Petitbo is the perfect place for breakfast...and for whatever else you might like during the day! Its tempting dishes will certainly win you over.
metro: Verdaguer ou Tetuan
Passeig de Sant Joan 82
Monday to Wednesday 9am to 11pm
Saturday 10am to 11:30pm
Sunday 10am to 5pm
Thursday-Friday 9am to 11:30pm
€5-€15 per person
for its delicious and varied menu
Granja Petitbo is a café-tearoom that opened in 2012. The pretty venue quickly gained a solid reputation among the people of Barcelona due to its delicious food and relaxed atmosphere. Its charm worked on us, and we think it might just work on you too! Ready?
Granja Petitbo, a café that makes you feel good
Arriving at Granja Petitbo, you’re met with one nice surprise after another.
Firstly, the atmosphere is cosy, quiet and relaxed. It’s a delightful little cloud to land on in the morning! The slightly vintage decor takes you back to a simpler time, and in an instant you disconnect from the outside world.
- Warning: the quiet atmosphere is most easily had during the week, as at the weekend the local brunch crowd can be numerous and noisy.
The next step is choosing where to sit: in the large leather armchair? On a soft bench? On a stool at the bar? On a wooden chair? We advise you to sit on the benches as that’s the most comfortable spot!
Once you’re settled, you will notice the pop music in the background. It’s loud enough to hear but low enough that you can still talk easily. We did say it was a great place to start the day…
Granja Petitbo is a café with great food
The feeling of well being that you experience when you enter and sit down bodes well for the rest!
The good surprises continue when you read the menu: it’s very varied and everything is tempting. It’s up to you to decide between different toasts, pancakes, home made cakes displayed at the bar, burgers, gourmet sandwiches, eggs (benedict, rancheros…) or piadinas (a sort of pancake filled with different ingredients). You might have trouble choosing!
The drinks menu is just as long as the food menu.
- We particularly recommend the fruit juices (orange-apple-carrot, pineapple-apple-lime…)
- Various varieties of coffees, teas and hot chocolates are offered to suit all tastes. Granja Petitbo offers no fewer than 12 types of teas and infusions!
- Alcohol is not forgotten: beers, wines, house vermouth or Cava are all available.
- If the food is delicious at Granja Petitbo, it’s because everything is made on site with fresh ingredients. Even the yoghurt is hand made!
Granja Petitbo is perfect for breakfast. Saturday and Sunday they offer sweet or savoury set brunch menus.
For around €13, you can have fresh juice, a coffee and a dish (which may consist of a number of smaller dishes).
If you prefer sweet, a pancake or toast set menu will cost you around €5.
- If you’re coming for brunch remember to arrive early! It is very popular and fills up quickly.
A lunch set menu is also offered Monday to Friday from 1pm to 4pm. Followed by afternoon tea time, and then cocktail hour where tapas and vermouth do their thing!
Some useful information
- Granja Petitbo is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 9am to 11pm, Thursday and Friday from 9am to 11:30pm, Saturday from 10am to 11:30pm and Sunday from 10am to 5pm.
- In August it is open 10am to 5pm every day, and generally Granja Petitbo is closed the third week in August.
- Make sure you get there early for breakfast or brunch to enjoy the quiet atmosphere.
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 1 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Pauline loves books, food and new discoveries. For her articles, she loves finding original and authentic places which are a treat for both the eyes and the tastebuds. Her favourite thing to do in Barcelona? Getting lost in the Old Town and soaking up its unique atmosphere... whilst enjoying the appetising smells emerging from restaurant kitchens! Is there anything better than that?