Hotel Paral·lel: a modern, practical, budget-friendly hotel
Looking for somewhere inexpensive and comfortable to stay with excellent public transport links? Hotel Paral·lel is a fabulous option!
metro: Paral·lel (L2 L3)
Poeta Cabanyes 5-7
for budget-friendly comfort
Hotel Paral·lel was built to house athletes and visitors to Barcelona during the 1992 Olympic Games. Since then, it’s been renovated 3 times. It’s very clean, well-maintained and well-insulated against noise, all of which combines to make Hotel Paral·lel a particularly restful place to stay!
Hotel Paral·lel: well connected, but off the tourist track
Poble Sec: a lively and authentic quarter
Staying at Hotel Paral·lel, you’ll be close to the heart of the action, only a 10-15 minute walk from Las Ramblas. The Poble Sec quarter, though, doesn’t attract many tourists, although it’s popular with the locals.
You’ll also be close to some of Barcelona’s most authentic tapas venues, and you’re bound to like the prices, considerably lower to those you’ll find in the Gothic quarter or the Born.
Avigunda Paral·lel is also famous for its nightlife, playing host to the Apolo theatre, the BARTS and the Apolo night club.
A strategic location
As its name suggests, Hotel Paral·lel is just next to the Paral·lel metro station, which is on two main lines, the 2 and the 3, serving tourist attractions such as Sagrada Familia, Passeig de Gràcia and Las Ramblas.
Rooms at the Hotel Paral·lel
There are 2 types of rooms on offer at Hotel Paral·lel:
- Single rooms: from €65 during the low season
- Doubles: from €75 during the low season
Nearly all the bathrooms at Hotel Paral·lel have showers, and only a few have baths. Remember to specify when booking if you have a distinct preference.
Advantages of the Hotel Paral·lel
- All of the rooms in the hotel are “external” (they look out over the street or over a large courtyard which takes up the entire block, not over an internal courtyard). This means that they are all light and bright – something which is sufficiently rare in Barcelona to be worth highlighting.
- Some single rooms have large balconies, which are perfectly child-proof. They cost the same as rooms without balconies, so make sure you ask for one when you book!
- Hotel Paral·lel is wheelchair-accessible
- Rooms are available from 2pm, with checkout before 11am
- Reception is open 24/7
- A safe is available free of charge in every room
- All rooms have adjustable heating and air-conditioning systems
- The hotel offers a left luggage service, with secure personal lockers
- All rooms offer satellite TV with a number of channels in English
- Free wifi is available throughout the hotel
- Small pets are accepted for a supplement of €10/night
- Breakfast is not included in the price. The buffet costs around €11 per person
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 1 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Pauline loves books, food and new discoveries. For her articles, she loves finding original and authentic places which are a treat for both the eyes and the tastebuds. Her favourite thing to do in Barcelona? Getting lost in the Old Town and soaking up its unique atmosphere... whilst enjoying the appetising smells emerging from restaurant kitchens! Is there anything better than that?