As nightlife fans and bar-lovers well know, going out for drinks isn’t just about drinking! The venue can add a lot to the experience, in terms of relaxation, discovery and, quite simply, enjoyment. The team behind Le Standard, in the authentic and lively Gràcia quarter, have clearly worked out what makes customers tick.
Le Standard: a relaxed atmosphere
Despite its name, the Standard is far from ordinary! The layout, furniture, décor and atmosphere are so well thought-out that you’ll almost forget it’s a bar.
Take your seat on a sofa, or relax in one of the comfortable armchairs grouped around the coffee tables – you’ll soon feel right at home.
Comfort and warmth are the order of the day here. At the back of the venue, you’ll find a second room which is even more quirky than the first, with floral wallpaper, vintage furniture and kitsch décor.
Lighting comes from video clips projected onto the wall, creating an original but intimate feel.
- Le Standard is a great place to chat with friends while enjoying a beer or a cocktail.
Le Standard: a wide choice and low prices
Le Standard specialises in cocktails, including classics such as the Mojito, Tequila Sunrise, Daiquiri and Piña Colada. The house speciality, though, is the “humble” gin and tonic – choose from a vast selection of 15 different gins.
The choice isn’t easy, but thankfully, the knowledgeable staff are on hand to guide you through the process.
- If the bar’s not too busy, the staff will even mix special cocktails just for you, if you have specific requests or particular favourites! How’s that for service?
Another great thing about Le Standard is the prices. Classic cocktails cost around 5 euros, and a gin and tonic will set you back between €6 and €8.50, depending on your chosen spirit. Beer and wine come in at around 2 – 4 euros.
Since drinking on an empty stomach is never a good idea, make the most of the range of snacks on offer at Le Standard: nachos, fajitas, quesadillas, cheese fondue and more. Prices range from €4.50 to €6.90, so you won’t break the bank.
Le Standard: useful information
- Drinks are served at the bar.
- Take cash: the bar doesn’t accept cards.
- If you live in Barcelona or are planning an event, the bar is available for private hire. Just speak to the staff for more information.