Moto GP 2018: Barcelona’s motorbike grand prix
Barcelona's motorcylce Grand Prix is an unmissable high-level sporting event. Read on to find out more!
from June 15 to 17, 2018
for the crazy for the speed
The 70th world motorcycle championships will be held in Barcelona from 15th June 2018. The races take place on the Barcelona-Catalunya course in Montmeló, and are highly anticipated by biking fans.
Moto GP 2018: What is it?
The motorcycle Grand Prix, or Moto GP, is one of the three world championships for motorbikes. The season runs from March to November on different courses around the world. It’s a huge international event, launched in the 1950s, and attracts all the biggest names in the sport.
Moto GP 2018: the circuit
The circuit has fourteen grandstands, three of which are covered. There are around 61,000 numbered seats, with 23 giant screens showing all of the details of the race: overtaking, pitstops, skids etc.
- The purple areas on the map are the pelouse, which has unassigned seating.
- For the best race day experience, we recommend booking a seat along the northern part of the circuit (B, G, C or H).
Moto GP 2018: Tickets
Visit the circuit:
Guided tours of the circuit are available all year round. During your visit, you’ll be able to see behind the scenes in the briefing room, the podium, the press conference room, the VIP area, the stands and the paddock. The tour lasts around one hour and is carried out in groups of 10 – 12 people.
- Around €10 for adults
- Around €5 for children aged 5 – 14
- Free for under-5s
- Contact the circuit in advance to find out when tours are running.
Moto GP 2018: getting to the circuit from Barcelona by train, bus or car
Barcelona-Montmeló by train
From Barcelona, trains to Montmeló can be caught from three stations:
- Barcelona Sants, metro: Sants Estació (L3 and L5)
- Passeig de Gracía, metro: Passeig de Gràcia (L2, L3, L4)
- Clot, metro: Clot (L1, L2)
One-way ticket price: €2.50
Journey time: around 30 minutes from Sants to Montmeló.
You’ll then have a half-hour walk from the station, following the route shown on the map below. During the Moto GP and the Formula 1 Grand Prix, a shuttle bus runs between the station and the circuit.
Barcelona-Moto GP circuit by bus
For events such as Formula 1 races or the Moto GP, the Sagalés coach company runs services from Barcelona city centre.
Barcelona-Moto GP circuit by car
It takes around 30 minutes to get from Barcelona to the circuit by car.
There’s parking for over 32,000 cars on-site, so you shouldn’t have trouble getting parked.
- Note that the park where the circuit is located is over 4km long, so make sure you park somewhere near your seat!
Moto GP 2018: Hints and tips
Make sure you remember the essentials:
- Sunglasses and sun cream
- A hat
- Comfortable shoes
- Earplugs or headphones to protect yourself from the noise.
There are over 80 stands onsite serving snacks, drinks and pizza.
Enjoy the race, and may the best driver win!
Like this article?