Pedralbes Music Festival, Barcelona: our tips
Article updated 13 March, 2019.
The Pedralbes Festival marks the start of summer on the Barcelona music scene. Follow our tips for a fabulous evening in an idyllic setting!
Jardins Reial de Pedralbes
metro: Palau Reial (L3)
6th June - 13th July 2018
From 18 euros
to see your favourite artists live in a fabulous setting
Seeing one of the concerts which make up the Pedralbes music festival is an entertaining, but relaxing, experience. We were lucky enough to see Milky Chance in the gardens of the Palau Reial in 2016, and we highly recommend booking tickets, budget permitting, if any of the acts listed for 2018 takes your fancy.
Pedralbes Music Festival: music and relaxation beneath the trees
- To make the most of the pleasant and relaxing setting, we recommend arriving a good hour before the concert starts.
- Enjoy a stroll around the fabulous gardens of the Palau Reial. Walking down its peaceful, tree-lined avenues, it’s easy to forget that the park’s main entrance is on Avigunda Diagonal, one of Barcelona’s busiest thoroughfares.
Pedralbes Music Festival: drinks before and after the concert
- Staff are spread around the park to provide any information or assistance you may need. They’re easy to spot thanks to their black and white uniform.
- The night we went, one of the festival’s sponsors was offering free snacks (empanadas and filled croissants) and drinks – a very nice surprise!
There are other kiosks selling food and drinks, either to take away or to eat at one of the tables in the park.
- There’s no ticket or bracelet system for refreshments – simply pay for your items in cash.
Pedralbes Music Festival: concerts
The magnificent light show and the position of the stage, right in front of the royal palace, add a dramatic tone to procedings.
It’s a very civilised affair – no risk of being crushed or stood on! The atmosphere is pleasant and relaxed, thanks, in part, to the programme. There are assigned seats, but if you want to get up and dance, so much the better!
- There’s a palm tree in front of the stands, which adds a particular tropical charm to the location, but also blocks the view from some seats. Something to bear in mind when booking!
After the concert, a DJ takes to the stage to keep things moving for those who want to stay on in the park.
Pedralbes Music Festival: programme for 2018
The programme for the Jardins Reials de Pedralbes festival changes each year, but the quality is always exceptional.
- Click here for tickets to see Sara Baras at the Pedralbes Festival
- Click here for tickets to see Niña Pastori at the Pedralbes Festival
- Click here for tickets to see Katie Melua at the Pedralbes Festival
If you’re a fan of any of the artists on the list, we highly recommend going to see them in this magical setting! Good times guaranteed.
Recommended article: Jardins Reials de Pedralbes Festival: great concerts in elegant surroundings
Like this article?