Guided visits of the Picasso Museum and Picasso’s Barcelona
Follow the guide to experience Picasso's Barcelona, followed by a tour of the Picasso museum!
start from Plaça Catalunya
Tuesday to Saturday at 3pm
€19.80 for adults
€7 for children
To find out more about Picasso
Whether or not you’re a Picasso enthusiast, this visit is truly fascinating! Your guide will take you on a tour of early 20th-Century bohemian Barcelona, including all of the artist’s favourite haunts. The second part of the visit takes place at the Picasso Museum, and involves a more detailed examination of key works from the different phases of Picasso’s career.
Ready to dive into the world of Picasso for a couple of hours? Off we go!
Part one: Picasso’s Barcelona
Although Picasso didn’t spend his whole life in Barcelona, the Catalan capital was important throughout his career. The artist was a regular visitor to many establishments in the Old Town, Barcelona’s bohemian heartland at the time. The guide will help you to find out which!
- The guide introduced us to seven different sites in Barcelona which we knew nothing about, all connected to Picasso.
- We discovered a restaurant which was a particular favourite with Picasso and his contemporaries among the Barcelona intelligentsia. We also saw one of the Picasso family’s residences in Barcelona, along with the artist’s only public artwork in the city.
Part two: the Picasso Museum
Barcelona’s Picasso Museum houses an important collection of 3,500 works. The guide led us through the different galleries, highlighting pieces which showcase the artist’s development. We found out about the events which marked turning points in Picasso’s life, and the way in which he expressed them through his work.
- The visit highlights Picasso’s incredible development, from the academic, realistic style of his formative years to the full-on, masterful cubism of his later career.
The visit ends with two important and iconic series of paintings: Las Meninas (The Menines) and Los Pichones (The Little Pigeons).
Why take the guided visit?
- In addition to discovering the museum, you get a very enjoyable walking tour of two quarters of the Old Town, the Gothic Quarter and the Born.
- Entry to the museum is included in the price. Given that the ticket alone will set you back 11 euros, you’re only paying €11 more for a two-hour guided visit. Pretty good value for money, if you ask us!
- By visiting with the guide, you’ll avoid having to queue. Given the Picasso Museum is one of Catalonia’s busiest attractions, this is a significant advantage.
- Visits in English take place from Tuesday to Saturday at 3pm
- The visit lasts 2 hours, and the starting point is Plaça Catalunya
- Prices: adult €22, child €7
- It is mandatory to present the printed ticket.
- Groups can be big, but you’ll still be able to hear the guide thanks to a microphone and headphone system.
- Entry to the museum is included in the price, and you can stay on for as long as you like after the visit ends.
Like this article?