Poblenou Travelodge: budget accommodation on Barcelona’s beaches
Looking for a budget-friendly hotel near the beach in Barcelona? Poblenou Travelodge is a very clean, pleasant place to stay, offering many advantages.
Carrer Llull 170
metro: Llacuna (L4)
for excellent value for money
free in the hall
Poblenou Travelodge is a great choice for travellers on a tight budget, visiting Barcelona for a relaxing holiday mixed with original experiences.
Poblenou Travelodge: a strategic, but peaceful location
10 minutes from the beach
Planning on topping up your tan whilst you’re in Barcelona? Great news: Poblenou Travelodge is just a 10-minute walk from Mar Bella beach. This is one of the busier beaches, but it’s not as crowded as Barceloneta (which is closest to the city centre).
You’ll find more locals, fewer tourists, and fewer pickpockets.
A seaside quarter
Poblenou is a former industrial quarter. Don’t miss the change to walk along the Rambla del Poblenou, a stone’s throw from the hotel. This busy thoroughfare is packed with restaurants and shops, and is one of the nicest parts of the quarter.
The city centre is easily accessible from Poblenou Travelodge, as there’s a metro station nearby and a bus stop right in front of the hotel.
Poblenou Travelodge: quality budget accommodation
Rooms at Poblenou Travelodge
There are three types of room on offer:
- Double room with twin beds
- Double room with a double bed
- Family beds, with one double bed and a foldout sofa bed for 2 children (under 16) or one adult.
The double rooms all have showers (except for 8, which have baths), whilst the family rooms have baths.
Rooms at Poblenou Travelodge are basic, but well-equipped, light, clean and pleasant. There’s a desk, but no closed wardrobe, just a few hangers in a little hanging area and a shelf. Given the prices, though, it’s not hugely important!
The hotel also provides the following items free of charge, on request from reception:
- Hair dryers
- Tea and coffee making equipment
Public areas of the Poblenou Travelodge
Poblenou Travelodge has three public areas:
- The entrance hall, where you can sit on one of the comfortable sofas and use the free wifi (you’ll have to pay for wifi elsewhere in the hotel)
- The 24-hour café
- The terrace, with tables and chairs for breakfast or for relaxing at any time of the day.
- The hotel has wheelchair-accessible rooms
- The reception is open 24 hours a day
- A buffet breakfast is available for around €8
- All of the rooms have adjustable air conditioning and heating
- There’s a free left luggage service
- Dogs are admitted for a supplement of around €20 per stay (not per day)
So – what do you think?
Like this article?