Praktik Garden: an original 2 star hotel in the centre of Barcelona
Article updated 25 November, 2019.
The colourful hotel Praktik will win you over with its tranquil atmosphere and its warm and friendly staff.
metro: Girona (L4)
every day of the year
from 65 euros
for its charm and tranquility
+34 93 467 52 79
Arriving at the hotel Praktik, it might feel like you are standing in front of a florist or even perhaps a bookshop, and you will immediately understand that this hotel is slightly unusual. However, the staff will offer you a very warm and friendly welcome that will immediately put you at ease.
Common areas of the Praktik Garden
The dining room on the first floor is where breakfast is served. It is self-service and can be enjoyed at a large wooden table, either inside or outside. You can choose from a range of pastries accompanied by a sandwich, an orange juice, a tea or a coffee.
At any time of the day for 1 euro you can enjoy a Nespresso coffee in one of the armchairs.
The Praktik’s library is full of books and objects and its fireplace is overflowing with logs. The coloured rugs and leather armchairs scattered around small wooden tables make you feel like you are staying in a large family home rather than a city hotel.
The dining room gives directly onto the terrace, which is very large and divided into two parts; one with tables and outdoor seating and the other with loungers for enjoying the sun and little blue and white tables, all surrounded by various plants.
Rooms at the Praktik Garden
The Praktik has 50 rooms spread over 5 floors. Unlike the rest of the hotel, the decor here is a little more muted in grey and white tones. They have been recently renovated and are very clean and comfortable.
Although they are not very large, the single rooms are bright and functional, as are their bathrooms. A window looks onto the courtyard and there is a little dresser to store your belongings.
The double rooms (with either two single beds or one large bed) are bigger and have a desk as well as a dresser. Some of them also have a small terrace which is very pleasant in Summer.
Superior double rooms
The superior double rooms are larger again and offer a terrace, a flat screen TV and a slightly more sophisticated decor. You will also find a large mirror, wooden bedside tables and, placed on the wall-mounted shelves, various highly original framed photos.
Useful information and little bonuses at the Praktik Garden
- Check-in is from 2pm and check-out is before 12pm. If you arrive early or leave late the Praktik will hold onto your bags for free.
- A single room costs around 50 euros.
- If you want a double room off-season it will cost you around 55 euros.
- From 75 euros you can book a superior double room.
- Breakfast is not included in the room rate but it costs less than 5 euros, which is really not expensive for a hotel.
- Every day there is a free tour of the city that lasts around 2 to 2.5 hours. All you have to do is show up at reception a little before 10:35 and you will be taken to discover all the secrets of Barcelona and its modernist architecture.
Like this article?