Sixtytwo: intimate, designer boutique hotel on the Passeig de Gràcia
Article updated 16 November, 2018.
Discover the Sixtytwo boutique hotel, with its original, designer feel and welcoming atmosphere!
metro: Passeig de Gràcia (L2 L3 L4)
Passeig de Gràcia 62
from 110 euros
for its central location
for its peaceful atmosphere
The four-star Sixtytwo boutique hotel is located a stone’s throw from Casa Batlló and from the Passeig de Gràcia metro station, making it an ideal base for discovering a variety of different areas of Barcelona.
About Sixtytwo boutique hotel
The décor at Sixtytwo
The entrance to Sixtytwo features two handsome wooden doors, which face each other from either side of a third, big but almost invisible ,metallic door.
On arrival, we went to knock on one of the wooden doors, at which point the big door opened on its own, as if by magic. This set the scene for the rest of the hotel: in some ways, Sixtytwo is like a different universe.
The Sixtytwo boutique hotel has pulled off a remarkable feat in combining cutting-edge design with an intimate and welcoming atmosphere.
The hotel itself gives off a sense of wellbeing, which may have something to do with the stunning fragrance diffused in its public areas.
The lounge and the bar
The only public spaces at Sixtytwo are a lounge and a bar, where breakfast is served. Unlike the spaces found in many hotels, the lounge area at Sixtytwo has a warm, homely feel, with red carpet, sofas and comfortable armchairs.
The bar is nice, but small, so you’ll probably want to take your drinks through to the lounge.
The cheapest option is a “small interior” room: these look out onto the building’s inner courtyard, so they don’t receive much light.
The “executive” and “privilege” rooms and the suites all look out toward the city. The “privilege” rooms and the suites all have private terraces with outdoor furniture. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning and heating.
Top tip: if you want to be somewhere really, really quiet, ask for a room on one of the upper floors.
Added extras at Sixtytwo
- There’s no restaurant at Sixtytwo, but the hotel does offer room service.
- Music lovers will appreciate the possibility of connecting their own iPhone, iPod or iTouch device to the speakers in the rooms.
- Several members of staff speak English.
- Rooms are available from 2pm on the day of arrival, and you have until noon to leave on the day of departure. A free left-luggage service is available before and after these times.
- The hotel is accessible for those with reduced mobility, and has one specially-adapted room.