Green travelers with small budgets we have found the perfect youth hostel for you: Sleep Green. It will exceed all your expectations!
The Sleep Green concept
The Sleep Green concept rests on 3 pillars:
- Offer a decent sized youth hostel
- Attract clients who are more interested in cultural tourism than party tourism
- And of course provide environmentally friendly accommodation
The managers of Sleep Green have thought of everything:
- Energy from 100% renewable sources
- Electrical appliances graded A+++ (the best energy performance in the market)
- LED bulbs with movement sensors
- Waste separation system
Sleep Green hostel’s efforts have been recognised by the EU-Ecolabel, a certificate given to businesses that adhere to the highest environmental standards.
Sleep Green dormitories
Sleep Green is a youth hostel that aims to be friendly and human in scale and atmosphere. It only has 20 beds, spread over dormitories of 4, 5 or 6. Each room has large individual lockers and a French window onto a balcony.
This place opposes the tide of “mega” youth hostels that can become a little like factories. Here you will receive personal attention, and members of the team will do everything they can to ensure you have an enjoyable stay in Barcelona.
Common areas of Sleep Green
Staying at the Sleep Green hostel you will have access to very clean and well-maintained showers and facilities, a large kitchen with a large table for sharing meals, a reading corner, an office space with two internet-connected computers and a laundry.
The laundry is the only service you pay for in the hostel. Expect to pay around €4 for a wash, and the same for the dryer.
Little extras at Sleep Green hostel
Great places and discounts
What’s great about Sleep Green is that when you have just arrived you are given a whole heap of information and tips on where to go to help you discover the best of Barcelona. In particular you will be given a map showing restaurants, bars and places to go out. The icing on the cake is that you will get a discount in all of the places recommended.
Among the restaurants recommended by the hostel you will find many vegetarian and vegan places, including Biocenter. Find out more in our article on vegetarian restaurants in Barcelona.
The staff bend over backwards to help you get the most out of Barcelona. They organise free activities for guests of Sleep Green and Alternative Creative, another youth hostel belonging to the same owners.
You can go for a picnic in Parc de la Ciutadella, attend jam sessions and lots of other activities. You will only pay the entry price (in those cases where the show isn’t free). Organisation and accompaniment by the hostels’ team is completely free. We think it’s a top tip!
Unfortunately these activities aren’t available all year round but only when there are enough participants, so they generally take place from March to December.
- All the rooms have heating and air conditioning
- Board games and books are available to guests
- The common area computers have fibre optic broadband
- Check out is before 11am. A free luggage service is available until 2pm. If you want to stay later, opt for “late check out”. You can then stay in the room and access the showers until 10pm for a supplement.