Sol Soler, Gràcia: tapas on the terrace with a laid-back vibe
Article updated 15 April, 2019.
Sol Soler offers excellent home-made tapas, which you can enjoy on the terrace overlooking a particularly lively square with a festive atmosphere. What more could you want?
Plaça del Sol, 21
Metro: Fontana (L3)
Every day, 11am - 2am
from 2 euros
For the terrace and the great tapas
“Tapas” and “terrace” are two words which definitely go together! Sol Soler is a little bar which combines the two – just add sunshine and a strong holiday vibe for the perfect evening out!
Sol Soler is a tapas bar on the Plaça del Sol in the Gràcia, an area of Barcelona with a definite village-y charm. Take a seat on the terrace, sit back and enjoy a moment of complete relaxation! This is the life…
Sol Soler: a lively location
There’s always something going on on Plaça del Sol, which is why it’s one of our favourite squares in Barcelona.
You’re almost certain to find someone playing the guitar, children playing and groups of friends enjoying a beer or two. The whole place simply breathes “holidays”, even mid-week!
Sol Soler: great tapas
The focus here is on top-qaulity, local products and home-made cuisine. The menu features a range of traditional tapas, alongside salad, quiches and vegetarian lasagne.
- As connoisseurs of patatas bravas, we’re pleased to confirm that the ones on offer at Sol Soler definitely pass muster. We also recommend the excellent croquetas.
Thirsty? Wash it all down with a cold beer, a glass of wine, a soft drink or water.
- If you’re a fan of vermouth (like us), the version on offer at Sol Soler is a great way to start your evening in style!
Sol Soler: budget-friendly
The prices at Sol Soler show that relaxation doesn’t have to be expensive!
Allow around 4 euros for a generous portion of tapas, quiche, salad or a dessert. Drinks cost from 2 to 4 euros, so you’re not going to do too much damage to your budget here.
- There’s a 20-cent supplement on every dish or drink for service on the terrace.
Sol Soler: useful information
- The terraces on the square are popular! If you’re in a hurry or you just can’t stand waiting, this is not the place for you.
- Tip: if you want a seat outside but there are no tables available, head inside and let the staff know – they’ll let you know when a space becomes available.
- The terrace closes earlier than the bar – generally around midnight – to avoid disturbing the neighbours.
This way for more terraces!
We have plenty of other suggestions for terraces to visit in Barcelona:
Like this article?