The SweetOphelia Café: tasty home cooking and superb décor
Article updated 28 August, 2019.
Looking for a tasty but healthy treat in Barcelona? Head to The SweetOphelia Café for delicious home cooking in a relaxing atmosphere!
Ronda De Sant Pere, 39
Metro: Urquinaona (L4 y L1)
Monday - Friday, 9am - 2:30pm
Saturday, 9am - 2:30pm
For tasty home cooking
The SweetOphelia Café: attractive, harmonious interiors
It’s all about the details here: little things that combine to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. You’ll find pretty wooden furniture, fresh flowers on the tables, a chalkboard on one wall, and sophisticated hexagonal tiling which adds a fun, original touch. A great place to relax!
If you want to make the most of a nice day, the café also has a few tables outside on the terrace.
The SweetOphelia Café: homemade treats
Let’s face it, few things are better than real home cooking. At the SweetOphelia Café, everything is made with love and fresh, local ingredients by Arantxa – you won’t find industrial or frozen products here.
The menu features quiches, sandwiches and a range of delicious bagels. Drinks include homemade smoothies and fresh fruit juices, with plenty of original and tasty options on offer!
- We had a wonderful courgette quiche, with a perfectly creamy filling and crisp, light pastry.
- The spinach, apple, pomegranate and ginger juice was gone in a matter of seconds – it was THAT good! Highly recommended.
Fancy something sweet? Don’t hold back! There’s a whole range of treats on offer, including carrot cake (the house special), a rich chocolate cake, fruit tarts and cheesecake… we’re planning a return visit to taste them all!
The SweetOphelia Café: affordable treats
Great news – a trip to The SweetOphelia Café isn’t going to break the bank. Sandwiches and bagels are priced around the 5 euro mark, desserts around 3.50, and fruit juices 3 euros.
- The café also offers a lunchtime special, featuring a portion of quiche and a glass of freshly-made fruit juice for €7.50.
To top it all off, service is friendly and efficient – leave with a full heart as well as a full stomach! One of life’s little pleasures.
- The SweetOphelia Café is open Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm.
- Visiting at lunchtime? Try and get there early or there won’t be much left!
- The café offers free wifi.
Like this article?