Tourist offices in Barcelona
Article updated 10 May, 2017.
If you're in need of information, advice or a map of the city, then just head to one of the many tourist offices in Barcelona.
If you’re on this site, you have already started preparing for your trip to Barcelona. Our different articles will give you a whole host of useful information and places to visit during your stay.
Our app can also help you save time and get orientated with an interactive map that shows you where you are in relation to all our top tips.
However, you may need a little more information once you arrive. For this it’s a good idea to head to one of Barcelona’s tourist offices, where the staff can answer all your questions in English.
Tourist offices in Barcelona
Plaça de Catalunya
The biggest tourist office in Barcelona is located at 17 Plaça Catalunya. You can also receive VAT refunds here on your purchases in Barcelona (if you live outside the European Union).
Address: Plaça de Catalunya, 17-S (metro Catalunya)
Times: every day 8:30am to 9pm
A second tourist office is located on the other side of the square in the El Triangle shopping centre.
Address: Carrer de Pelai (metro Catalunya)
Times: Monday to Saturday 9am to 8pm
The Liceu theatre is not just a spectacular piece of architecture: it also houses a tourist information point right in the middle of the Ramblas.
Address: La Rambla 51-59 (metro Liceu)
Times: every day 9am to 6:30pm
Plaça Sant Jaume
Another tourist office is located right in the heart of the Gothic area in Barcelona town hall.
Address: Ciutat, 2 (metro Liceu or Jaume I)
Times: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 8:30pm, Saturday 9am to 7pm and Sunday and Holidays 9am to 2pm.
Located in Sants train station, Sants tourist office can be very useful if you’re arriving by train.
Address: Plaça dels Països Catalans (metro Sants)
Times: every day 8am to 8pm
Airport tourist office
There are tourist offices in both terminals of the airport, which is great for gathering information as soon as you arrive in Barcelona!
Address: Barcelona airport, terminals 1 and 2B
Times: every day 8:30am to 8:30pm
There is a tourist office located in the heart of the Gothic area, just a few feet from the cathedral.
Address: Col·legi Oficial d’Arquitectes de Catalunya, Plaça Nova 5 (metro Jaume I)
Times: Monday to Saturday 9am to 7pm, Sunday and holidays 9am to 3pm.
This tourist office is located at the bottom of the Ramblas, near the port.
Address: Plaça del Portal de la Pau (metro Drassanes)
Times: every day from 8:30am to 8:30pm
Palau Robert is a cultural space offering free exhibitions all year long. There is also a tourist office there, conveiently located at the top of the Passeig de Gràcia.
Address: Passeig de Gràcia 107 (metro Diagonal)
Times: Monday to Saturday 10am to 8pm, Sunday and holidays 10am to 2:30pm
Address: Plaça de les Glòries Catalanes (metro Glòries)
Tmes: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10am to 5pm. Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, closed.
Tourist Information kiosks
As well as the tourist office, little tourist information kiosks are dotted around touristic sites.
They are found at the following addresses:
- Colombus: Plaça Portal de la Pau (metro Drassanes). Open every day from 8:30am to 8pm.
- North train station: Ali-bei street 80. Open every day from 9am to 7pm.
- Plaça Catalunya Bergara: Plaça Catalunya, Bergara street side.
- Plaça Catalunya north: Plaça Catalunya, in front of the Corte Inglés. Open every day from 9am to 8pm.
- Plaça Catalunya south: Plaça Catalunya, in front of the El Triangle shopping centre. May to September from 9am to 8pm. Rest of the year 9am to 5pm.
- Plaça Espanya: Plaça Espanya, Av. Maria Cristina side. Open every day from 9am to 8pm.
- Sagrada Familia: Plaça de la Sagrada Familia. Open every day from 9am to 8pm.
- Sants station: Plaça Joan Peiró. Open every day from 9am to 3pm.
- World trade center (port): Moll de Barcelona, in front of the South terminal. Times depend on the cruise ship arrival times.
Important: These times can change on holidays, particularly the 26th of December and the 6th of January.
Like this article?