Transfers from Girona or Reus airport to Barcelona
Travelling to Barcelona via Girona or Reus airport and looking for transfer information? This is the article you need.
Landing at Girona or Reus isn’t the most practical option when travelling to Barcelona, because you’ll need to organise your transfer from these airports to the Catalan capital…
- Be careful when booking your flights, particularly with Ryanair: it’s not always clear that their flights don’t land at Barcelona El Prat, but rather at Girona or Reus.
That said, flights to Girona or to Reus can be considerably cheaper. If the idea of an hour to 90 minutes’ travel time between the airport and the city doesn’t put you off, then by all means, go for it.
Transfers from Girona airport to Barcelona city centre
The best means of getting from Girona airport into central Barcelona is the bus service run by Sagalès, a private operator.
- A one-way ticket will set you back €16; a round trip costs €25.
- You’ll need cash to buy tickets from the window. Cash machines are available at the airport and at Barcelona bus station, but you can also plan ahead and book your ticket online: Buy Sagalès bus tickets here.
- Despite certain rumours, the bus times leaving Barcelona are not systematically timed to match the departure times of Ryanair flights.
- To avoid any nasty surprises, make sure you check the actual bus times between Girona and Barcelona and vice-versa.
- Times for the coming months are regularly updated on the Sagalès website.
The bus stops at the exit from the airport and will take you to the Estació d’Autobuses Barcelona Nord, Barcelona’s main bus station. From here, a 5-10 minute walk will get you to the Arc de Triomf metro station (red line), Nàpols exit (just opposite the station).
Hint: the same company runs two buses from Barcelona, one to Girona airport and the other to the centre of Girona. Make sure you get the right one!
- These details also apply to the journey in the opposite direction, from Estació del Nord in Barcelona to Girona airport.
Transfers from Reus airport to Barcelona city centre
Reus airport to Barcelona by train
The train runs between the station in the centre of Reus and the stations Estació Sants and Passeig de Gràcia in central Barcelona. A one-way ticket costs between 6 and 8 euros, and the journey takes just over an hour.
Reus airport – Barcelona by Hispano Igualadina bus
Buses run between Reus airport and Barcelona (Estació d’Autobus de Sants) to coincide with flight times. The journey takes around 90 minutes, and will set you back €14 for a one-way ticket, €24 for a return.
For more information, see the Hispano Igualadina website.
Like this article?