Where better than the bohemian and alternative Gràcia neighborhood to open Amapola Vegan Shop? This is a shop with a very innovative concept, as everything sold here is 100% vegan made.
I’m sure some of you are wondering what exactly are vegan clothes? Quite simply they are clothes that are not only made from synthetic materials and plant fibers, they are also manufactured in processes that are free from any animal exploitation.
Amapola vegan shop: clothes and accessories
At Amapola you’re bound to find what you’re looking for, as they have everything from clothes and shoes to jewelry, including all types of accessories such as bags, belts, scarves and hats…Everything!
In terms of clothes, you can find basic items as well as more elegant pieces and the price varies accordingly.
- There is a very wide selection of bags, all imported from Canada. As well as being beautiful, they are made with the best quality products. So you might find it difficult to resist!
As for shoes, there are sandals, slippers, boots…they vary depending on the season, so don’t hesitate to take a look around!
Amapola vegan shop: history and ideology
The shop is the personal project of Raquel, the shop’s owner and a huge animal lover. She has been in business for more than 6 years, and her original motivation came from her own difficulty in finding vegan products that weren’t just food.
Raquel is a fierce advocate of veganism as a lifestyle that goes beyond diet. This has led her to practice her beliefs in all areas of her life.
The aim is to develop ethical and responsible consumption and for her, to only sell products that are free from animal suffering and have been made in good working conditions. Without compromising on the quality of the product, of course.
- Her keywords are human rights, environmental responsibility and animal protection.
- As far as possible, she aims to promote the work of local manufacturers, such as the shoe brand Flamingos’ Life (I couldn’t resist buying a pair of their shoes!)
Amapola vegan shop: prices
The shop’s owner doesn’t want vegan to always mean expensive. So she is not in favor of the luxury vegan trend that has gathered force in recent years.
The prices in the shop are generally quite accessible, although they vary a lot depending on the item.
- You can find t-shirts from €15-20 and bags from €60, to give you an idea.
- In terms of shoes, there are slippers from €45 and boots from €90.
- Given the good manufacturing conditions and the quality of the materials used, the prices are generally reasonable.
Amapola vegan shop: useful information
The shop is open Monday to Saturday and is located in the Gràcia neighborhood, just a few steps from Gran de Gràcia, one of the busiest streets in the area.
- This makes it a great place to stop when you take the tour of the area that we recommend in his article.
- If you come out of curiosity or with a purpose in mind, don’t hesitate to ask Raquel for advice, as the shop’s owner is very friendly. She will know exactly how to advise you and will help you find the best items to suit your needs and tastes!
Go and discover for yourself the secret treasures of this innovative little shop!