Bormuth: a unique tapas bar in the heart of the Born
If you're looking for a great place to eat in the Born then head to Bormouth! A variety of tapas, a warm atmosphere and quality service await you!
Carrer del Rec nº31
Friday and Saturday 12:30pm to 2:30am
Wednesday Thursday and Sunday from 12:30pm to 1:30am
from 3.70 euros
for its original tapas
for its warm atmosphere
Ah, the Born, with its thousand little streets and its innumerable bars! With so much on offer it is sometimes difficult to know where to head. To help you, I have made the personal sacrifice of checking out Bormuth, one of the bar-restaurants in the area.
Located on Carrer del Rec, just a few feet from the Born cultural centre, Bormuth very quickly drew my attention simply because no matter what day of the week it is, there is always something happening. It’s also worth noting that its wooden front and its lanterns make it very appealing.
Intrigued, I pushed the door to discover that my curiosity was about to be rewarded!
The warm atmosphere at Bormuth
The Bormouth’s soft lights do a lot for its friendly atmosphere.
What makes it different? Numerous rooms with different vibes, but all extremely pleasant.
- With its high wooden tables, the ground floor is perfect if there are a few of you in a group.
- However, if you’re looking for a little more privacy, the upstairs room has a number of very comfortable little corners where you can feel completely cut off.
Bormuth: original and tasty tapas
If you’re wondering what you can eat here, the response is simple and unsurprising: tapas!
But be careful, as they are extremely good and served in generous quantities, so prepare your stomach as well as your taste buds. They are also very varied, so choosing can be very difficult!
- Our favourites were the honey-breaded aubergine, and for the carnivores the beef tartar.
- But you can also order more classic tapas such as patatas bravas or croquetas or even less usual dishes like salmon or lentil salad!
The name of the restaurant evokes Vermouth, a typically Catalan drink presented in this article. But if that’s not your tipple there is no shortage of other drinks to be had: wine, beer, cava etc. You won’t go thirsty!
- The prices are very reasonable, particularly considering the quality of the dishes. Tapas are priced from 3.70 to 11 euros, and drinks range from 2.50 to 5 euros.
- The staff are extremely sweet and smiley, even when they’re overrun!
Useful information about the Bormuth
- You will most likely have to queue a little, particularly at the weekend. But it’s worth the wait!
- The place is lively and noisy in the evening, and Bormuth is definitely not where you come for a quiet evening.
- It isn’t possible to book a table at the weekend.
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 1 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Olivia has always loved Barcelona: its modernity, the fantastic climate, the sun, the beaches, the tiny winding streets of the Gothic quarter, the joyful and festive atmosphere… Like all the best love stories, this one ends “happily ever after”, and Olivia has now set up home in the Catalan capital.