Cheap parking in Barcelona: plan ahead to save
Article updated 25 November, 2019.
Practical tips for finding cheap parking in Barcelona, making life easier when the time comes to park your car.
Parking in Barcelona is expensive if you pay by the hour – better to plan ahead. If you want somewhere safe to park your car but don’t want to pay a fortune for the privilege, this article is for you.
Book ahead for impressive reductions
The superb Parclick website allows users to find a parking space near their hotel, book in advance and pay online, offering some seriously impressive reductions.
How to book your parking
- In the search bar that you will discover here, you only need to write the address or the name of the place where you want to park (hotel, street, neighbourhood…)
- Then you will have to select the date and times of entry and exit of the car park
In a few minutes, you will be able to:
Locate a car park near your place of residenceBook in advance to ensure a place in the car park of your choicePay online with very attractive discounts
- Find a parking near where you are looking for
- Book in advance to ensure a place in the car park of your choice
- Pay online and make the most of some great discounts
If in doubt, Parclick staff will do their best to help you.
Parkings near Sagrada Familia
If you come to Barcelona, even for just a day, we especially recommend visiting the interior of the Basilica of Sagrada Familia. This masterpiece by Gaudí is unique.
Parking near Parc Güell
Park Güell is also a masterpiece of Gaudí that you will surely want to visit during your stay in Barcelona. The nearest car park (B: SM travessera from Dalt Park Güell) is only a 2-minutes walk away!
Cheap parking in Barcelona
The bargain option: Viajeros
The Viajeros carpark isn’t in the most central location, but it presents the advantage of being the cheapest!
A 5-minute walk from the Badal metro station, this practical option, boasting 24-hour surveillance, is remarkably good value for money at only 7 euros for the day (NB: not per 24h).
The B:SM parking card: unlimited access to 39 carparks across Barcelona
- A range of cards are available, from around 25 euros for one day, 45 euros for 3 consecutive days (72 heures) or 69 euros for 7 consecutive days (168 heures), giving access to 39 different carparks.
During the subscription period, you will be able to come in and out of any of the 39 car parks of the B:SM (Barcelona: Municipal Services) network as many times as you wish. Simply pay online, then exchange your printed receipt for a card in the first carpark you use on arrival.
- The 39 carparks are spread across the city, and offer a great deal if you want to avoid paying for public transport or taxi trips.
Map of B:SM carparks in Barcelona
Cost-effective underground parking near Camp Nou, Barcelona
- The Tanatori Les Corts carpark is a 4-minute walk from the stadium, and is part of the B:SM network. Consider using the parking card system mentioned above.
- The Viajeros carpark, mentioned above, is a 15-minute walk from Camp Nou, making it an excellent option for those travelling to Barcelona for the day to go to a football match
- On match days, traffic around Camp Nou can be horrendous. Leave yourself plenty of time, particularly if the match is a big one!
Parking in the Old Town and in the Gràcia quarter of Barcelona
Some of the carparks in the little streets around Born, Gràcia and the Gothic Quarter are badly laid-out, full of pillars, with narrow access ramps and very small spaces. Best avoided, especially if your car is larger than average.
Parkings near Ramblas
The Ramblas are located in the old city (between the Gothic quarter and the Raval), be careful when booking your parking. Check the dimensions of the carpark that you choose.
If you have a big car or you do not want to run a risk, read the following section..
Best city-centre carparks in Barcelona for big cars
Carparks in the B:SM network are generally practical and well-designed. Saba carparks are even more spacious, but the extra space comes at a price.
Parking near the port of Barcelona
One of the closest car parks to Barcelona’s cruise port is a dozen minutes away. It is also close to the Aquarium and Barceloneta beach.
Parkings in Barcelona-El Prat airport
To read our full article about the airport carparks in Barcelona, click here!
One to avoid: finding a space on arriving in Barcelona
- This is NOT something we would advise doing! Yes, you’re sure to find a space somewhere, but the prices can be astronomical.
- If, despite our warnings, you decide to live dangerously, be very careful about choosing where to park.
Secure vs outdoor parking: avoid the car compound
Barcelona has a number of outdoor carparks (notably at Montjuïc). However, for safety reasons, we would not advise using them overnight. The Montjuïc area is home to a range of parks and museums but is not a residential zone, something which should ring alarm bells in terms of nighttime security.
By using an indoor parking facility, with CCTV and/or security staff onsite, you should be able to avoid any nasty surprises.
- In Barcelona the city crane is particularly efficient, and can even come and go when you’re just a few minutes over your time and your car isn’t disturbing the traffic.
- Our advice? Pay for secure parking, it is cheaper than the car compound!
Like this article?