Christopher’s Inn: a stylish urban youth hostel near Plaça Catalunya
Article updated 28 August, 2019.
With its large bar and space to relax, Christopher's Inn is beloved of party animals and travellers looking to meet new people.
metro: Catalunya (L1 L3)
every day of the year
from 10 euros
for its central location
Christopher’s Inn youth hostel is located right in the heart of the city and set in a pretty building that was completely re-done in 2012.
The rooms at Christopher’s inn
The dormitories can accommodate 8, 12, or 16 people. Each bed has a storage space that you can lock (with your own lock), as well as an electrical socket and a reading lamp.
Small curtains made to measure for each bed provide a little privacy, and also block out the light that pours into the room through the large French windows.
If mixed rooms bother you, don’t worry! Some of the dormitories are just for girls.
The double rooms at Christopher’s Inn are small but functional and very bright. They each have their own bathroom and private terrace.
The common areas
The common areas of the youth hostel
A large lounge and a terrace take up most of the first floor. Couches are also spread out around the other floors for extra privacy.
The hostel does have a kitchen but it is not completely fitted out, as there is no hob. It’s actually more of a kitchen-point as it is open to all 416 guests and it closes at 10pm. Much better to plan to eat outside or in the hostel’s very pleasant bar.
The bar and terrace
The friendliest common area is without doubt Belushi’s, the bar at Christopher’s Inn, which is also open to non-residents. Hostel guests receive a 25% discount on food.
The atmosphere peaks on football nights as matches are projected onto a giant screen, creating a very cinematic effect!
During the day you can relax on one of the pretty terraces.
Little extras at Christopher’s Inn
- A free guided tour of the city is organised every day, leaving from the hostel. It is given in English and it’s a great chance to meet fellow travellers from all over the world.
- The hostel also offers a bike rental service,which we recommend as it’s a great way to discover the city. Rental costs 10 euros for 4 hours and 15 euros for a day, and it includes a lock and a helmet. Book in advance as Christopher’s Inn only has about a dozen bikes.
If they’re not available, don’t worry! Lots of businesses around the city offer a bike rental service. We lean towards electric bikes. After all, you should try to save your energy for the tapas bars and clubs in the evening.
- Check in is from 2pm and check-out is before 11am.
- Sheets are provided but towels aren’t, so don’t forget to put one in your case. Towels are only provided in the double rooms and in the girls’ rooms.
- The entire hostel is air-conditioned or heated depending on the season.
- If you are planning to arrive or leave outside of working hours do not panic! Reception is open 24 hours and you can leave your bags in the lockers provided if necessary.
Like this article?