City Pass: fast-track access to attractions and transport around Barcelona
Article updated 25 November, 2019.
The City Pass is a combined online ticket for tourist attractions and travel in Barcelona. Read on for more details!
Combined entry and transport passes for some of Barcelona’s main attractions are becoming increasingly widespread, and they can be pretty useful. The City Pass is the latest addition to the list – read on for more details.
The City Pass: what is it?
The City Pass is a good way of organising your visits and optimising your time in Barcelona. It works as a ticket for some of the city’s biggest attractions, whilst giving unlimited access to public transport.
Specifically, the City Pass includes:
- Fast-track entry to Sagrada Familia ((There are 4 possible options for a visit to the Sagrada Familia: 1: basic tour, 2: with audioguide (in 16 languages), 3: with audioguide and tower access, 4: guided tour without tower access.
- Fast-track entry to Parc Güell
- A return journey on the Aerobus, a fast and comfortable coach service from the airport to the city centre (or a transfer from Girona airport into central Barcelona)
- One- or two-day access to the tour bus (AKA the Hop-On, Hop-Off Bus), a pleasant way of getting around and seeing the city
- A whole host of offers for other attractions and transport tickets.
- Important: the City Pass is a unique pass that only exists in Barcelona. With this pass, you will get your fast-track tickets for the tourist attractions in Barcelona. It is not a card that gives you access to monuments in the city.
Advantages of the City Pass
- The City Pass is the only pass available which includes fast-track access to both Sagrada Familia and Parc Guëll, two of Barcelona’s must-see attractions.
- The City Pass will also save you time, especially given the length of the queues to get into the attractions listed above. By buying fast-track tickets ahead of time, you can go straight from the airport into the city, visit the sights and take a ride on the tour bus, without wasting a single second!
- The City Pass also offers 20% off at a range of other attractions, including the Aquarium, Casa Batlló, Camp Nou, the Miró Foundation, the Montjuïc cable car and more! It also gets you money off cycle tours, excursions, and travel tickets, including the Hola BCN card.
City Pass: prices and options
What does the 1 day City Pass include?
- 1 ticket for the Hop-on Hop Off bus (tourist bus) valid for 1 day + 1 fast-track ticket for la Sagrada Familia (you can choose the date and your option) + 1 fast-track ticket for Parc Güell (you can choose the date) + 1 round-trip by Aerobus.
- Price: adults 76,5 euros – children 37,5 euros
What does the 2 days City Pass include?
- 1 ticket for the Hop-on Hop Off bus (tourist bus) valid for 2 consecutive days + 1 fast-track ticket for la Sagrada Familia (you can choose the date and your option) + 1 fast-track ticket for Parc Güell (you can choose the date) + 1 round-trip by Aerobus.
- Price: adults 86 euros – children 42 euros
- In Barcelona, tourist bus tickets are valid for 1 or 2 consecutive days (and not for 24-hour periods), we therefore recommend to use them early in the day in order to enjoy them.
- The Aerobus and tourist bus tickets aren’t date-specific. The advantage? You can use them anytime during your stay, or even on you next trip to Barcelona.
Is the City Pass right for you?
- For adults, the pass will save you money if you’re planning on visiting several different attractions and using some of the other reductions. If not, it’s not worth it.
- Students, under-30s and over-65s: the City Pass is not your best option. By buying your tickets separately on this website, you’ll get access to specific reductions offered by different attractions, which works out cheaper overall.
- If your top priority is to save time and make things easier for yourself, then the City Pass is a great option!
City Pass: how it works
- Everything is done online.
- You’ll need to indicate your arrival date and airport (Gerona or Barcelona) during the booking process.
- After paying, you’ll need to choose dates and times for your visits to Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell.
- Sometimes, it is possible to buy your City Pass for a visit to the Sagrada Familia and the Güell Park the same day. However, you will have fewer choices in the available schedules. We recommend to buy it in advance.
- You can show your tickets for the Sagrada Familia, Parc Güell and Aerobus on your phone.
- Tickets are sent out via email, with reduction codes for other attractions and sites. The code is valid up until the date of your last scheduled visit (for example, if you’re planning to visit Sagrada Familia on 29th April and Parc Guëll on 30th April, your code will not be valid on 1st May).
- The reduction code is only valid through the ticket sales platform.
Note that if you decide to buy a reduced-price Hola Barcelona card, you’ll need to collect it from Tourist Information, either at the airport or in the city centre (Plaça Catalunya).
Other tried and tested pass options
Like this article?