Cruïlla Festival: eclectic programming and a great atmosphere
Article updated 25 January, 2019.
Have you heard about the Cruïlla festival yet? Given the exceptional programme, it's likely to become as popular as Primavera Sound or Sónar in the near future. music-lovers, take note!
metro: El Maresme/Fòrum (L4)
Parc du Fòrum
4th-6th July 2019
from €105 for 3 days
for the top-quality programme
The latest edition of the Cruïlla festival will be held from 4th – 6th July 2019. It started in 2005 in Mataró, in the suburbs of Barcelona, as a concert series. Following the success of the first series, the experiment was repeated over the following years, moving into Barcelona itself then extending over several days, finally taking its current form.
The programme has become increasingly impressive from year to year. If you’ve not heard of Cruïlla before, you very soon will!
Cruïlla: a melting pot of musical genres
The festival programme is eclectic, something which is reflected in the name: “cruïlla” means “crossroads” in Catalan. The festival offers a mix of pop, ska, hop-hop, reggae, folk, flamenco and rock music.
- One fun element lies in the fact that visitors can suggest artists they’d like to see at the festival, adding an unusual participative twist!
The video below will give you some idea of what goes on and of the general vibe at Cruïlla!
Cruïlla 2019: programme
- The full programme for Cruïlla 2019 has been announced, and some of the confirmed artists include Love of Lesbian, Dorian, Kylie, Bastille, ZAZ and Foals!
- For more information on the rest of the programme and to buy tickets online, visit the Cruïlla festival website.
Cruïlla festival prices
- Three-day passes cost €105, two-day passes cost €95 and one-day tickets cost €18 on Thursday and €55 on Friday and Saturday.
- Once inside, an electronic wristband system is used to pay for drinks, food and anything else you buy. You can add credit to your account before or during the festival, so you avoid having to carry money around with you. For more information, see this article.
Access to Cruïlla
- Cruïlla is held at the Parc du Fòrum (like Primavera Sound)
- Under-13s are admitted with a legal guardian. 13-15 year olds must also be accompanied and pay for tickets. Those aged 16 and over are admitted alone.
- Drinks and dangerous or toxic objects cannot be brought into the festival area
- Animals are not admitted
- Reflex and video cameras are also prohibited
- Tickets are issued to a named person, but you can give your ticket to someone else if you’re unable to come. To do this, you’ll have to provide your lucky substitute with a signed authorisation and a photocopy of your ID.
Enjoy the festival!
Like this article?