Discover the beaches of Barcelona by boat with Golondrinas
Fancy a boat tour around Barcelona to enjoy a beautiful sea view? Then hop on a Golondrina!
Moll de Drassanes
On the article
From 14 euros for the 1.5 hour tour
From 7 euros for the 40 minute tour
to see Barcelona from the sea
“Golondrinas” means “swallows” (birds) in Spanish, but the name also refers to the motor boats which will make you discover the beaches of Barcelona, ready to whisk you off on a nautical adventure.
Barcelona is a superb city from any angle, whether seen from the sky, the ground or even the sea. Which is why the “Golondrinas” have been offering passengers a fantastic view of the city for more than 125 years.
The tours to discover the beaches of Barcelona, the city and the port from the sea
Barcelona Mar: discover the beaches of Barcelona and the beautiful silhouette of the city from a motor boat
This is the longest and fullest excursion so it’s our favourite!
The boat raises anchor in front of the Christopher Columbus statue and runs along the Barcelona port before traveling along the coastal area between San Sebastià beach and the Fòrum port located at the border between Barcelona and the town of Sant Adrià de Besòs.
The Golondrina then turns and goes back in the opposite direction, finishing up in the industrial port.
Needless to say, we advise you to take this tour on a sunny day so you can see the countryside in the sun while breathing in the sea air: a real treat!
Duration of tour: 1 hour 30 minutes
Barcelona Mar tour prices: discovering Barcelona’s beaches from another angle
- Around 14 euros for adults
- Around 11 euros for children from 11 to 18 and for people over 65.
- Around 5 euros for children between 4 and 10
- The booking platform includes the two possible tours: Barcelona Mar and Barcelona Port, you can choose the on you prefer.
Barcelona Mar tour timetable:
- January: 12:30pm and holidays 12:30pm and 3:30pm.
- February and March: 12:30pm, 1:30pm and 3:30pm.
- April, May and June: from 12:30pm to 6:30pm.
- July, August and September: from 12:30pm to 7:30pm.
- October and November: 12:30pm, 1:30pm and 3:30pm.
- December: 12:30pm and holidays 12:30pm and 3:30pm.
Barcelona Port: the industrial port from another angle
As the name suggests, this tour offers a spin around the industrial port. It is very interesting to see the equipment and the cargo at one of the biggest ports in Europe. And the many colours make it quite photogenic too!
This tour is generally done in a traditional Golondrina, a pretty wooden boat with a very authentic feel!
- If you’re not familiar with Barcelona or its coast you might be a little disappointed by this short tour of the industrial port, as the tour doesn’t end up too near the beaches.
- This tour is included in the “Barcelona Mar”, tour which we recommend.
Duration of tour: 40 minutes
Barcelona Port tour prices:
- Around 7 euros for adults
- Around 2.50 euros for children from 4 to 10
Barcelona Port tour timetable:
- January: 12:15pm, 1:15pm and 3:15pm.
- February and March: from 12:15pm to 4:15pm.
- April, May and June: from 12:15pm to 5:15pm.
- July, August and September: from 11:45am to 7:15pm.
- October and November: from 12:15pm to 4:15pm.
- December: 12:15pm, 1:15pm and 3:15pm.
Why choose the Barcelona Mar Golondrina tour ?
- This hour and a half-long tour offers a fantastic view of the countryside and allows you to really appreciate the geography of Barcelona from a new perspective! For example, you can view all the beaches, the different sides of the hotel W from the sea and even appreciate the scale of Montjuïc hill, crowned by its castle.
- If you have sea legs, you will have a very relaxing time on the Golondrinas and will no doubt take away some beautiful memories!
- It’s an unusual tour of Barcelona, and we think it’s very good value.
- The only inconvenient thing about the Golondrinas, is that there is no guide on board to comment on the different monuments as you pass them.
- However some useful information is displayed above the windows on the covered part of the boat.
Useful information and advice:
- Times: 10am to 5pm in Autumn and Winter and 10am to 8pm in Spring and Summer.
- If you need to get out of the sun, the first floor is completely covered.
- The sun is very strong so bring sunglasses and sun screen or even a hat.
- The wind may blow on the boat. Remember to dress warmly if you don’t like the cold!
- Above all, do not forget your camera!
Like this article?