Located 9o minutes outside Barcelona, the internationally-renowned Port Aventura theme park continues to expand, offering a whole host of new surprises! Ferrari Land is the latest addition to the Port Avenutra family, alongside the original park and the Caribe Aquatic Park. Opened in April 2017, it’s also the only theme park in Europe devoted to the Italian car giant.
Covering 70,000 m2, Ferrari Land includes 11 different attractions, along with a racetrack and a whole host of other fun activities!
Ferrari Land: attractions for all!
If you’re a fan of Formula 1 and/or an adrenaline junkie, dive in! Ferrari Land offers some truly breathtaking experiences. The most impressive attractions include:
- Red Force: the highest and fastest vertical accelerator in Europe! You’ll reach speeds of 180 km/hour in only 5 seconds, travelling 112m up into the air.
- Freefall tower: a freefall experience of over 55 metres.
- Bounce-back tower: experience the movement of a Ferrari’s motor pistons as the ride flings you from the ground into the air, and back again.
- Maranello Grand Race: make like an F1 champion on the 570m racetrack!
- The park also offers shows, events and interactive experiences, using a whole host of simulators – so even if extreme thrills aren’t your thing, there’s still plenty to do!
Ferrari Land: a slice of Italy in Catalonia
The remarkable décor of this unusual park is inspired by Ferrari’s homeland: Italy. It includes replicas of the Colisseum in Rome, Milan’s La Scala theatre, and the belltower of Saint Mark’s basilica in Venice.
Hungry? The park’s restaurants serve pizza and pasta alongside sandwiches, salads and a range of desserts.
- Top tip: Tickets for Ferrari Land also give you access to Port Aventura.
Ticket prices: Ferrari Land+ Port Aventura
- 1-day ticket: 60 euros for adults, 52 euros for children (ages 4 – 10)
- 2-day ticket: 70 euros for adults, 59 euros for children (ages 4 – 10)
- We recommend the 2-day ticket, if you have the time – there are plenty of things to do in both parks!
The park is open from 10am – 5pm. In high season (i.e. the summer), extended opening tickets (10am – 6pm) are also available.
Transport: Barcelona – Ferrari Land
The journey from Barcelona takes around 1h15 by car, 1h40 using public transport. For more details, see our article on getting to Port Aventura from Barcelona.
Places to stay near Ferrari Land
Looking for a place to stay near the theme parks? Click here for apartments and hotels in Salou.
Buckle up – it’s going to be fast and furious!