Home > Visits > Sagrada Familia, Parc Güell, Casa Batlló, Casa Milá-La Pedrera > Free tickets: open door days and mass at the Sagrada Familia in 2019
Free tickets: open door days and mass at the Sagrada Familia in 2019
Interested in open-door days or mass at the Sagrada Familia? Here's how to get your free ticket.
If you ask us, Sagrada Familia is a unique masterpiece. If there is one thing you shouldn’t miss in Barcelona, this is it. You absolutely must schedule it in.
But the 15 euro entry price to this splendid basilica means not everyone can afford it. In certain cases it is possible to get into the Sagrada Familia without paying.
Open Door days and free tickets
From time to time, the Sagrada Familia organises open door days and offers free entry. We keep you informed of these events.
- To get your free entry ticket, register on the Sagrada Familia official website a few days in advance.
Free ticket all year long: who are the people concerned?
- Children under 11
- People with a disability of 65% or more and their companion
- ICOM members
- Holders of the Barcelona Press Card (subject to availability)
- Unemployed people (only on Wednesdays from 14h)
Mass at the Sagrada Familia: how to attend?
Almost every Sunday of the year it is possible to attend mass at the basilica of the Sagrada Familia. Obviously, it is not recommended to go there expecting a tour or taking photos, and it is important to respect the gathering and the occasion.
International Masses in 2019
- Masses are celebrated on Sundays at 9am in several languages.
- The entrance is free but the capacity is limited. We advise you to go there in advance. No invitation will be asked.
- The entrance is through the portal of the Nativity façade (carrer de Marina) between 8:30 and 9:00.
- A respectful attitude is required.
- Groups of more than 25 people must complete a form in advance.
Extraordinary Masses in 2019
The Sagrada Familia also celebrates extraordinary masses. These require an invitation. You will find the instructions to get them on the site of the Sagrada Familia.
- Palm Sunday Mass: 14th of April 2019 at 12pm
Calendar of mass at the Sagrada Familia
You can find the updated calendar here.
Before visiting the Sagrada Familia…
We recommend you read these two articles:
- Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia at your fingertips!
- Fast-track tickets for the Sagrada Familia, don’t miss this wonderful experience!
Like this article?
4.91/5 - 11 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Valérie, the creator of Barcelona Top Travel Tips, loves discovering new places, finding the words to describe them, and coming up with little illustrations for the website. Her favourite thing in Barcelona is the unusual, curvy architectural features of some of the city’s buildings. Some say she’s a dreamer… in any case, a city full of works by Gaudí is a great place for her!