Gaudi Experiencia: 4D immersion in the architect’s world
Article updated 27 September, 2017.
Want to discover Gaudí's universe in a fun and original way? Gaudi Experiencia is the place for you!
Carrer Larrard 41
metro: Vallcarca or Lesseps (L3)
voir les horaires en fin d'article
Adults: €8.10 (through our site)
Concessions: €6.75 (through our site)
Barcelona is a very creative city, where innovation has an important role to play. Gaudi Experiencia is an excellent example.
Gaudi Experiencia, a powerful video projection
Gaudi Experiencia is a 4D animation, highlighting Gaudí’s most impressive works of art.
- The aim? To show the sources of inspiration behind the buildings. Edifices spring to life, turning into knights, dragons and even mountains.
Gaudi Experiencia is a fun experience; rather than telling the story of Gaudí, the film transmits its message through animation, with no narration required.
For the full experience, you’ll be provided with 4D glasses and assigned a moving seat – a truly total immersion!
- In addition to the projection, there is also an interactive exhibition available in English. It highlights the astonishing work of the Catalan architect!
The video below gives a brief overview of the attraction:
Top tips for visiting Gaudi Experiencia
- Groupon often offers impressive reductions on tickets to Gaudi Experiencia! Click here to see if the offer is currently available.
- If Groupon doesn’t come up trumps, then you can still get 10% off the price of tickets using the link below.
- Gaudi Experiencia is a fun and decidedly different attraction. Budget permitting, we recommend it!
- The film is truly excellent, taking the viewer around the Barcelona Gaudì would have known, and the special effects are extremely realistic
- The experience is an excellent way of getting children interested in Gaudì’s architecture, with its fun and concise approach. They won’t see his buildings in the same light afterwards!
- The computer-generated 4D animation isn’t subject to the same limitations as a conventional film. You’ll be able to admire details which can’t otherwise be seen in the context of a normal visit, notably in the case of Sagrada Familia.
- The video projection lasts around 10 minutes: the Gaudi Experiencia doesn’t offer the best value for money in terms of tourist attractions. Be sure to follow our tips to get your money’s worth!
- Gaudí Experiencia costs €9, but with our 10% reduction, it comes down to €8.10.
- Concessions are available for under-14s and over-65s, bringing the price down to €7.50, or €6.75 with our 10% discount.
- 1st April – 30th September: 10am – 7pm (last showing at 6.30pm)
- 1st October – 30th March: 10.30am – 5pm (last showing at 4.30pm)
- Showings start every 15 minutes
- Closed 25th December and 6th January
- The experience is not recommended for under-6s
- 4D glasses can be worn over your own glasses – we tried it and it wasn’t a problem
- Gaudi Experiencia is located near Parc Güell at 41 Carrer Larrard. A good way of killing two birds with one stone!
Like this article?