Groupon Barcelona: a top tip for saving money!
Article updated 22 February, 2018.
If you like a good deal, then head to the Groupon site for unbeatable discounts in Barcelona.
Knock down prices are always appealing, and the Groupon website offers cultural outings at -60%, travel at -50%, fun activities at -70% and the list goes on! It’s altogether pretty tempting!
What is Groupon?
Groupon is a site that offers discounts of between 50% and 90% on hundreds of products, activities and services of all types in more than 28 countries. How does Groupon get these reductions? Well that’s the question most people ask when they see the prices on their site.
The principle is quite simple: as the name suggests, the site negotiates group rates, which allows them to get considerably lower price and guarantee a minimum number of buyers to the supplier. If the number isn’t reached then the deal is cancelled.
What does Groupon offer in Barcelona?
To give you an idea, at the time of writing this article, Groupon is offering entry to Barcelona’s Ice Bar, to which we have devoted an article, a set menu in a restaurant with a sea view, tickets to an opera at the Liceu, a trip on a yacht or in a hot air balloon, cooking lessons or paddle-surf lessons, a semi-permanent manicure, tooth whitening, massages, a stay in a starred hotel on the Costa Brava…there is no shortage of choice!
How do Groupon discounts work?
Once you have chosen the offer you want, you have to pay the amount shown. In the 24 hours following your purchase you will receive an email confirmation explaining how to obtain your product or service.
If you change your mind there is a 7 day period where you can request an exchange or reimbursement.
Good to know:
- Barcelona’s Groupon site is in Spanish.
- Offers are time limited! Generally the site tells you how long they will be available.
- Carefully read the conditions for each offer to avoid any nasty surprises.
- Some activities take place just outside Barcelona: Check where they are happening and how to get there before booking.
- In case of problems these can be resolved directly with the site’s after-sales service.
Why do we recommend this site?
- We’ve had good experiences with it in the past.
- The discounts offered by Groupon are unbeatable and allow you to make a lot of savings whether you’re a tourist or a local!
- The offers are so varied that they allow you to do activities, try restaurants or use services that would otherwise be too expensive.
So what are you going to try today?
Like this article?