GoCar: a unique fun way to visit Barcelona
Article updated 13 March, 2019.
Looking for an unusual way to see Barcelona? GoCar's practical little vehicles are a great way to see a different side of the city!
from 50 euros for 2 people
to see another side of Barcelona
If you are always looking for unusual experiences, then visiting Barcelona by GoCar is perfect for you! It involves renting an unusual vehicle and letting yourself be guided by the GPS. It’s a great way to see the city!
GoCar, a quirky and fun mode of transport
There is no doubt that you will get noticed in your GoCar! The yellow three-wheeled, two seat vehicle looks like a large brightly coloured dodgem.
In fact it’s a sort of hybrid: like with a scooter you don’t have a gear stick, and you need to wear a helmet, but its shape resembles a little car. So you can enjoy that two-wheeling feeling in the comfort of a car.
Possible GoCar routes
What’s great about a GoCar, is that like with Vesping, your rental includes a pre-programmed GPS. You can either choose to drive wherever you like or you can follow the recorded route in the GPS. The most popular 2 hour routes are:
- The Gothic district and Montjuïc: GoCars are particularly well suited to narrow streets, and it’s also great to take them up Montjuïc hill.
- Gaudí’s works: If you want to see them all in one day, it’s a good idea to rent a vehicle. GoCar will make getting around the city a really enjoyable experience, which isn’t always the case with the metro…
Throughout your tour the GPS provides you with information regarding the places you pass, as well as directions.
Advantages of GoCar
There are many advantages to getting around by GoCar:
- GoCars are considered in many ways to be like scooters so you can park freely in scooter spaces
- They are as easy to drive as scooters
- An open air tour is a great way to see the city.
- You wont need to find your way around, as the GPS does all the work.
- You are getting a guided tour with the GPS commentary
- There are a lot of different routes: you can choose whatever length of route suits you.
- You can stop whenever you like to take photos, visit a monument or grab a bite to eat.
- You can choose between a GoCar and a Twizy, the electric equivalent (this one is not always available).
Watch this video to get an idea of the type of tour on offer:
Price of hiring GoCars
- 1 hour costs 50 euros per vehicle (2 people)
- For the whole day, expect to pay 118 euros and for thematic tours of 2 hours or 2 and a half hours, 78 euros (2 people)
- Hire always includes petrol, helmets, audio guide, GPS and insurance.
- You will need to pay a deposit of €300 when hiring a GoCar
Conditions and restrictions
- The driver must have a driving licence that is valid in Spain.
- The driver must be at least 21 years old.
- Children under 7 or less than 1.35m tall are not permitted in the vehicle.
- Under no circumstances can you leave Barcelona in your GoCar
Start your engines!
Like this article?