4 gyms in Barcelona where you can work out for a month or for a day
It isn’t always easy to find a gym that’s suitable for a short stay! If you want to keep up your regular training this article is for you.
Low-cost and functional gyms
Duet Fit, the perfect club for a lunchtime workout
The Duet fit (Bruc) centre offers a range of services:
- 800 m2 of fitness machines divided into 2 areas for beginners and more experienced athletes.
- Express (15 min) activities: abdominals, machine circuit, elastic exercises.
- Cycling lessons with a real or virtual teacher (the lesson is shown on a screen).
- A room where a lot of classes are held: complete muscular strengthening (body pump), body combat, pilates, zumba, yoga, stretching, abdominals, circuits (CTC= cardio toning cardio) and step.
- At lunchtime, this room offers clients a meal space with high chairs and armchairs as well as a little kitchen with fridges and microwaves.
- Created for international students, the centre offers a plan that doesn’t require a local bank card, which is really useful! The offer is valid for 3 months with a cost of around €30 per month.
Why ? For lunch spaces and a huge range of classes.
How much ? For a day: around €10 including all classes
For the month: Without subscription: around €30 for a month with a registration fee of around €30.
For the year: around €250 without registration fee.
When ? Monday to Thursday: 6:30am to 10:30pm
Friday: 6:30am to 9:30pm
Saturday: 9am to 8pm
Sunday: 9am to 3pm
Where? Carrer del Bruc, 49, Girona (L4) and Tetuan (L2)
Second centre: Via Augusta, 17, metro: Gràcia (L6) and (L7)
Their website: DUET FIT
BCN FITNESS, the (almost) 24 hour club
Ever feel the need to work out at 2am? It’s possible with BCN Fitness.
The centre has a cycling room as well as a fitness space with bikes and treadmills. This versatile gym has different classes all day long: abdominals express, body pump, pilates, aeroboxing, CTC, yoga, salsa, GAP, stretching, stilos (dance), cross fit, boxing…
Why? For 24 hour access during the week
How much ? For a day: less than €10 (including all activities except boxing)
For the month: Prices depend on the number of hours (24 hours, 12 hours or 18 hours).
For 24 access, a month costs around €30.
Loyalty is rewarded so the longer the subscription, the lower the price.
Registration fee: Around €20 for the month
When? 24 hour access: Monday opening at 6:30am
Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 11pm
Where ? Carrer d’Aragó, 322, metro:Girona (L4)
Their website: BCN FITNESS (with a fuller timetable)
Gyms with pools
CNAB, a club with a pool and a sea view
The Barceloneta Athletic Swimming Club, has a clear view of the Mediterranean. The centre, which includes 2 outdoor pools and an indoor pool, also offers a fitness space as well as classes (dance, step, fitness, body pump, running, pilates, cycling, abdominals, bums, stretching, tai chi, karate, yoga…)
- For racket sports lovers, the club also has ping pong tables, a squash wall, and tennis courts.
- September to June around 6pm there are swimming classes for children. Access to the pool can prove difficult.
Why ? For the view and outdoor swimming pools
How much? Prices include all activities except jacuzzi and private lessons.
For a day: around €15
For a month : from €42 for month (see website)
subscription fee around €75 (CNAB often offers a discount on this)
When ? Monday to Friday: 6:30am to 11pm
Saturday: 7am to 11pm
Sundays and holidays:
(between the 10th of October and the 14th of May): 8am to 5pm
(between the 15th of May and the 30th of September): 8am to 8pm
See their website for special days.
Where ? Plaza del Mar, s/n , metro: Barceloneta (L4)
Their website: CNAB
Holmes, a club with high quality services, pool and activities
- Just bring your sports wear, Holmes (Balmes) takes care of the rest. Towels and shower gels are made available for you, and you can enjoy the pool (chlorine-free), jaccuzzi or the sauna.
- You can also participate in the many classes that are on offer: aquafit, aqualight, body Balance, Body combat, Body Pump, Spinning, Running, Abdominals (CXWORX), Spartiates, thighs-abs-bums (GAP), global training, Pilates, stretching, Tai chi, upper body, Aerobics, Air fit, Cardio, Zumba, Yoga…
For its complete service ( pool, gyms, activities )
How much ? For a day: around €15
For a month: from €60 (different subscriptions)
When ? Monday to Friday: 7am to 11pm
Saturday: 9am to 8pm
Sundays and holidays: 10am to 3pm (except during the month of August (but not the 31st))
Exceptions: closed the 1st and 6th of January, 1st of June, 25th and 26th of December.
Where? Carrer de Balmes, 44-46, metro:Passeig de Gràcia (L3 and L4) or Universitat (L1 and L2)
There are also other centres around Barcelona.
Their website: HOLMES
- If you are thinking of doing some outdoor sports without spending a penny, see our 8 ways to get sporty for free in Barcelona.
- This youth hostel with a gym might also be a great place for you to stay!
And now all you have to do is get your running shoes on!