4 gyms in Barcelona where you can work out for a month or for a day
You're in Barcelona and you want to work out without tying yourself into a contract? We've found 4 gyms where relaxation and great training are guaranteed.
It isn’t always easy to find a gym that’s suitable for a short stay! If you want to keep up your regular training this article is for you.
Low-cost and functional gyms
Duet Fit, the perfect club for a lunchtime workout
The Duet fit (Bruc) centre offers a range of services:
- 800 m2 of fitness machines divided into 2 areas for beginners and more experienced athletes.
- Express (15 min) activities: abdominals, machine circuit, elastic exercises.
- Cycling lessons with a real or virtual teacher (the lesson is shown on a screen).
- A room where a lot of classes are held: complete muscular strengthening (body pump), body combat, pilates, zumba, yoga, stretching, abdominals, circuits (CTC= cardio toning cardio) and step.
- At lunchtime, this room offers clients a meal space with high chairs and armchairs as well as a little kitchen with fridges and microwaves.
- Created for international students, the centre offers a plan that doesn’t require a local bank card, which is really useful! The offer is valid for 3 months with a cost of around €30 per month.
Why ? For lunch spaces and a huge range of classes.
How much ? For a day: around €10 including all classes
For the month: Without subscription: around €30 for a month with a registration fee of around €30.
For the year: around €250 without registration fee.
When ? Monday to Thursday: 6:30am to 10:30pm
Friday: 6:30am to 9:30pm
Saturday: 9am to 8pm
Sunday: 9am to 3pm
Where? Carrer del Bruc, 49, Girona (L4) and Tetuan (L2)
Second centre: Via Augusta, 17, metro: Gràcia (L6) and (L7)
Their website: DUET FIT
BCN FITNESS, the (almost) 24 hour club
Ever feel the need to work out at 2am? It’s possible with BCN Fitness.
The centre has a cycling room as well as a fitness space with bikes and treadmills. This versatile gym has different classes all day long: abdominals express, body pump, pilates, aeroboxing, CTC, yoga, salsa, GAP, stretching, stilos (dance), cross fit, boxing…
Why? For 24 hour access during the week
How much ? For a day: less than €10 (including all activities except boxing)
For the month: Prices depend on the number of hours (24 hours, 12 hours or 18 hours).
For 24 access, a month costs around €30.
Loyalty is rewarded so the longer the subscription, the lower the price.
Registration fee: Around €20 for the month
When? 24 hour access: Monday opening at 6:30am
Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 11pm
Where ? Carrer d’Aragó, 322, metro:Girona (L4)
Their website: BCN FITNESS (with a fuller timetable)
Gyms with pools
CNAB, a club with a pool and a sea view
The Barceloneta Athletic Swimming Club, has a clear view of the Mediterranean. The centre, which includes 2 outdoor pools and an indoor pool, also offers a fitness space as well as classes (dance, step, fitness, body pump, running, pilates, cycling, abdominals, bums, stretching, tai chi, karate, yoga…)
- For racket sports lovers, the club also has ping pong tables, a squash wall, and tennis courts.
- September to June around 6pm there are swimming classes for children. Access to the pool can prove difficult.
Why ? For the view and outdoor swimming pools
How much? Prices include all activities except jacuzzi and private lessons.
For a day: around €15
For a month : from €42 for month (see website)
subscription fee around €75 (CNAB often offers a discount on this)
When ? Monday to Friday: 6:30am to 11pm
Saturday: 7am to 11pm
Sundays and holidays:
(between the 10th of October and the 14th of May): 8am to 5pm
(between the 15th of May and the 30th of September): 8am to 8pm
See their website for special days.
Where ? Plaza del Mar, s/n , metro: Barceloneta (L4)
Their website: CNAB
Holmes, a club with high quality services, pool and activities
- Just bring your sports wear, Holmes (Balmes) takes care of the rest. Towels and shower gels are made available for you, and you can enjoy the pool (chlorine-free), jaccuzzi or the sauna.
- You can also participate in the many classes that are on offer: aquafit, aqualight, body Balance, Body combat, Body Pump, Spinning, Running, Abdominals (CXWORX), Spartiates, thighs-abs-bums (GAP), global training, Pilates, stretching, Tai chi, upper body, Aerobics, Air fit, Cardio, Zumba, Yoga…
For its complete service ( pool, gyms, activities )
How much ? For a day: around €15
For a month: from €60 (different subscriptions)
When ? Monday to Friday: 7am to 11pm
Saturday: 9am to 8pm
Sundays and holidays: 10am to 3pm (except during the month of August (but not the 31st))
Exceptions: closed the 1st and 6th of January, 1st of June, 25th and 26th of December.
Where? Carrer de Balmes, 44-46, metro:Passeig de Gràcia (L3 and L4) or Universitat (L1 and L2)
There are also other centres around Barcelona.
Their website: HOLMES
- If you are thinking of doing some outdoor sports without spending a penny, see our 8 ways to get sporty for free in Barcelona.
- This youth hostel with a gym might also be a great place for you to stay!
And now all you have to do is get your running shoes on!
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 5 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Marianne, "the sporty one", joined our group for a brief but fun-packed two-month stint. Taking a break from her studies in France, she came to Barcelona to help others find out about her favourite spots. Her favourite part of the experience? Visiting new and original places every day and getting right to the heart of Catalan culture.