Halloween in Barcelona: the best events for 2017
Want to spend Halloween somewhere completely new? Take your pick from a haunted mansion, a boat or even the circus for a night of fright!
Ah, Halloween… the only time of the year when you actually want to be surrounded by sinister and terrifying creatures. Whether you want to waltz with a witch, drink with Dracula or, why not, do zumba with zombies, this is the time to do it. We’ve taken the time to sort through the ghoulish delights on offer in Barcelona this year: here are our top three picks for Halloween entertainment.
Elrow Halloween Party: a circus near the airport
The décor is the main attraction here! The things that go on at this circus-style open-air club, 20 km from the centre of Barcelona, are practically impossible to describe – and the Halloween show is certain to be a mindblowing experience!
- Actors in costume walk the floor – on stilts – whilst others take to the stage to create a truly terrifying spectacle.
- Look out for the confetti cannons (they don’t just launch confetti) and be prepared to fight your way through giant cobwebs…
In a word, it’s terror-riffic!
Why? Because it’s like going to the circus
How much? 55 euros, 30 euros before noon
When? All day long! Sunday 29th October, 10am – 10pm
Where? C-31, Km 186,1, 08840 Viladecans, Barcelona. There’s a bus from Plaça Catalunya, or a taxi will set you back 30-35 euros.
Beatsworkin Halloween: a haunted house in the middle of nowhere
This event needs almost no introduction, and many consider it to be THE best Halloween event. 20 minutes outside Barcelona, in the middle of the countryside, lies a curious sort of country house, just the sort of place where you might find, oh, an undead Count or two… the perfect setting for a night of frights!
Add a few pumpkins, the obligatory cobwebs and some rather creepy skeletons, and you have the recipe for a great time.
- The club features two dancefloors, hidden corridors, rooms to get away from the crowds, a terrace, and even a torture chamber… (fear not, though – the only screams you’ll hear here are screams of laughter 😉 )
- The soundtrack to your evening is a carefully-curated mix of House, Techno and Electro, with special guest Alex Arnout.
Will you get out alive?
Why? For an interview with a vampire
How much? 24 – 28 euros
When? Friday 27th October, 7pm – 4am
Where? A secret location! All we can tell you is that it’s 20 minutes from Barcelona.
Buses will be laid on from Can Zam metro station and the Montcada Reixac Manresa train station from 7.45pm until 12.45am, with a return ticket costing 5 euros. For more information, click here.
Halloween boat party: the Café del Mar haunted ship
It’s a Halloween party… on a boat! An original idea with plenty to feed your imagination – what might be lurking in the deeps? Is something large and scary with an unreasonable number of tentacles going to drag the ship off to its lair? Who knows!
- Terrifying decorations and hired ghosties, ghoulies and long-legged beasties (read: actors) are on hand to make sure things don’t get too tame.
- There are two dance floors on the boat, offering House and Disco Funk playlists.
The dress code is zombie or pirate, and be prepared to fight if you run into another boat…
Why? To make like a pirate, or dance like a water-borne zombie
How much? Between 15 and 30 euros
When? Saturday 28th October, 3pm – 7pm
Where? Moll de la Capitania, Port Forum, 08930 Sant Adrià de Besòs
Sharpen your false teeth, stock up on fake blood, and prepare to have a frightfully good time!
Like this article?