Port Aventura: Prices and information for visiting one of the world’s biggest theme parks
Article updated 25 November, 2019.
Adrenaline junkies and theme park fans: the famous Port Aventura theme park is the place for you!
Closed 1st and 2nd December
Closed on weekdays between 12th and 23rd December
Closed on weekdays in November
End March - end December
For its incredible attractions
Located on the Costa Dorada, less than 90 minutes from Barcelona, Port Aventura is THE theme park to visit during a stay in Catalonia.
Port Aventura: a smash-hit theme park
From its opening in May 1995, Port Aventura, situated between Salou and Vila-Seca, rapidly grew into one of Europe’s biggest theme parks. Spread over more than 119 hectares, Port Aventura now includes a vast range of hugely fun attractions.
- Perfect for a fun trip with family or friends.
- Note that many attractions require a minimum height of 1.2m.
Port Aventura currently features in the top 10 best theme parks in the world.
Port Aventura: escapism and relaxation
Like most theme parks, Port Aventura is like a different universe. With over 42 attractions and shows split into 6 “worlds”, the park offers a total break from reality.
- Mediterrània: This area mostly includes information points and booths, but also 3 attractions, including the Furius Baco, Europe’s fastest rollercoster. It goes from 0 to 135 km/h (over 80 mph) in 3.5 seconds. 1…2…3…aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!
- Polynesia is planted with palm trees and filled with tropical birds. Cool off under the volcano waterfall, Tutuki splash.
- China: the universe of imperial China plays host to two of Port Aventura’s star attractions: Dragon Khan, with its 8 loops, and Shambala, Europe’s highest rollercoaster.
- Mexico: travel back to the time of the Maya Empire. Climb up to the top of the tower of the Hurakan Condor, before plunging into a free fall of 100 metres.
- Far West: a village set in the American West, featuring a French cancan show and a horse-riding show.
- Finally, Sésamo Aventura is the newest area of the park. Opened in 2011, it includes around ten family-friendly attractions.
A new world for car lovers opened in 2017. Here you can read the article we have written about Ferrari Land.
Port Aventura: water park, restaurants and hotels
Water park: useful information
Costa Caribe features over 4,300 tropical plants and offers a whole range of water-based activities, including multi-channel slides, rafting and wave pools.
- If you prefer, you can buy tickets for a day trip to Costa Caribe from Barcelona. You won’t have to worry about anything!
Restaurants and snack bars: hungry?
- There are plenty of cafés and restaurants spread throughout the park.
- There is no dedicated picnic area.
- Food and drinks may not be brought into the park.
Opening times are not fixed, and vary with the seasons.
Generally speaking, Port Aventura is open (non-contractual information):
- 10am – 7pm, or until midnight in summer
- every day from mid-March until 1st November
- Saturdays and Sundays only from 5th November to mid-December, plus weekdays between 6th and 9th December (2018 dates) and from 22nd December 2018 to 6th January 2019.
- The park is closed from January to mid-March.
Costa Caribe Aquatic Park is open every day from the end of May until mid-September.
Places to stay: hotels in the heart of the action
There are five hotels within the park itself:
- Gold River: Play cowboys and indians in town
- Caribe: Relax in a tropical oasis in the Caribbean
- Port Aventura: A charming Mediterranean village with colourful façades
- Mansión de Lucy: Travel back in time in this five-star Victorian residence
- El Paso: Dive into the exotic atmosphere of colonial Mexico, and into the pool, with its sunken ship.
- Port Aventura has specific parking spaces for campervans, if certain conditions are respected.
- If you want to stay inside the park, click here to discover the pass hotel + access to the theme park
- For places to stay outside the park, click here. Port Aventura is near Salou, so there are plenty of options in the neighbourhood.
Port Aventura: Added extras
- Once in the park, you can rent single (€7) or double (€12) pushchairs, manual (€9) or motorised (€30) wheelchairs, subject to availability
- Individual or family lockers can be rented for €5 or €8, subject to availability
- The park also offers a pet creche at a price of €6/day (bring your dog’s health records)
Port Aventura: Prices
Port Aventura park (without the water park)
- Adult: €47
- Junior/ Senior (ages 4-10 and 60+): €40
- Disabled visitors: €24
- Adult: €29
- Junior/ Senior (ages 4-10 and 60+): €25
- Disabled visitors: €16
Express products (supplement, prices per day):
The park sells a range of queue-jump passes for major attractions:
- EXPRESS MAX: 1 queue jump per attraction. No access to the front row. Price: €33
- EXPRESS MAX GOLD: 1 queue jump per attraction, plus access to the front row of each of the three main attractions once. Price: €38.
- EXPRESS PREMIUM: unlimited queue jumping for all main attractions. No access to the front row. Prix: €53.
- EXPRESS PREMIUM GOLD: unlimited queue jumping for all main attractions, plus access to the front row of each of the three main attractions once. Price: €58.
Attractions offering Express access: Shambhala, Furius Baco, Dragon Khan, Templo del Fuego, Tutuki Splash, Stampida, Angkor, Silver River Flume, El Diablo – Tren de la Mina, Grand Canyon Rapids.
Attractions offering Express Gold: Shambhala, Furius Baco, Dragon Khan.
Where to buy Express products
- Port Aventura Express Office, Plaça Major de la Mediterrània.
- Staffed sales points at the entrance to Shambhala (China) and Furius Baco (Mediterrània) during opening hours.
- Automatic booths at the entrance to Shambhala (China), Tutuki Splash (Polynesia), Stampida and Silver River Flume (Far West).
Port Aventura: getting there
Like this article?