Located on the Costa Dorada, less than 90 minutes from Barcelona, Port Aventura is THE theme park to visit during a stay in Catalonia.
Port Aventura: a smash-hit theme park
From its opening in May 1995, Port Aventura, situated between Salou and Vila-Seca, rapidly grew into one of Europe’s biggest theme parks. Spread over more than 119 hectares, Port Aventura now includes a vast range of hugely fun attractions.
- Perfect for a fun trip with family or friends.
- Note that many attractions require a minimum height of 1.2m.
Port Aventura currently features in the top 10 best theme parks in the world.
Port Aventura: escapism and relaxation
Like most theme parks, Port Aventura is like a different universe. With over 42 attractions and shows split into 6 “worlds”, the park offers a total break from reality.
- Mediterrània: This area mostly includes information points and booths, but also 3 attractions, including the Furius Baco, Europe’s fastest rollercoster. It goes from 0 to 135 km/h (over 80 mph) in 3.5 seconds. 1…2…3…aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!
- Polynesia is planted with palm trees and filled with tropical birds. Cool off under the volcano waterfall, Tutuki splash.
- China: the universe of imperial China plays host to two of Port Aventura’s star attractions: Dragon Khan, with its 8 loops, and Shambala, Europe’s highest rollercoaster.
- Mexico: travel back to the time of the Maya Empire. Climb up to the top of the tower of the Hurakan Condor, before plunging into a free fall of 100 metres.
- Far West: a village set in the American West, featuring a French cancan show and a horse-riding show.
- Finally, Sésamo Aventura is the newest area of the park. Opened in 2011, it includes around ten family-friendly attractions.
A new world for car lovers opened in 2017. Here you can read the article we have written about Ferrari Land.
Port Aventura: water park, restaurants and hotels
Water park: useful information
features over 4,300 tropical plants and offers a whole range of water-based activities, including multi-channel slides, rafting and wave pools.
- If you prefer, you can buy tickets for a day trip to Costa Caribe from Barcelona. You won’t have to worry about anything!
Restaurants and snack bars: hungry?
- There are plenty of cafés and restaurants spread throughout the park.
- There is no dedicated picnic area.
- Food and drinks may not be brought into the park.
Opening times are not fixed, and vary with the seasons.
Generally speaking, Port Aventura is open (non-contractual information):
- 10am – 7pm, or until midnight in summer
- every day from mid-March until 1st November
- Saturdays and Sundays only from 5th November to mid-December, plus weekdays between 6th and 9th December (2018 dates) and from 22nd December 2018 to 6th January 2019.
- The park is closed from January to mid-March.
Costa Caribe Aquatic Park
is open every day from the end of May until mid-September.
Places to stay: hotels in the heart of the action
There are five hotels within the park itself:
- Gold River: Play cowboys and indians in town
- Caribe: Relax in a tropical oasis in the Caribbean
- Port Aventura: A charming Mediterranean village with colourful façades
- Mansión de Lucy: Travel back in time in this five-star Victorian residence
- El Paso: Dive into the exotic atmosphere of colonial Mexico, and into the pool, with its sunken ship.
- Port Aventura has specific parking spaces for campervans, if certain conditions are respected.
- If you want to stay inside the park, click here to discover the pass hotel + access to the theme park
- For places to stay outside the park, click here. Port Aventura is near Salou, so there are plenty of options in the neighbourhood.
Port Aventura: Added extras
- Once in the park, you can rent single (€7) or double (€12) pushchairs, manual (€9) or motorised (€30) wheelchairs, subject to availability
- Individual or family lockers can be rented for €5 or €8, subject to availability
- The park also offers a pet creche at a price of €6/day (bring your dog’s health records)
Port Aventura: Prices
Port Aventura park (without the water park)
- Adult: €47
- Junior/ Senior (ages 4-10 and 60+): €40
- Disabled visitors: €24
- Adult: €29
- Junior/ Senior (ages 4-10 and 60+): €25
- Disabled visitors: €16
Express products (supplement, prices per day):
The park sells a range of queue-jump passes for major attractions:
- EXPRESS MAX: 1 queue jump per attraction. No access to the front row. Price: €33
- EXPRESS MAX GOLD: 1 queue jump per attraction, plus access to the front row of each of the three main attractions once. Price: €38.
- EXPRESS PREMIUM: unlimited queue jumping for all main attractions. No access to the front row. Prix: €53.
- EXPRESS PREMIUM GOLD: unlimited queue jumping for all main attractions, plus access to the front row of each of the three main attractions once. Price: €58.
Attractions offering Express access: Shambhala, Furius Baco, Dragon Khan, Templo del Fuego, Tutuki Splash, Stampida, Angkor, Silver River Flume, El Diablo – Tren de la Mina, Grand Canyon Rapids.Attractions offering Express Gold: Shambhala, Furius Baco, Dragon Khan.Where to buy Express products
- Port Aventura Express Office, Plaça Major de la Mediterrània.
- Staffed sales points at the entrance to Shambhala (China) and Furius Baco (Mediterrània) during opening hours.
- Automatic booths at the entrance to Shambhala (China), Tutuki Splash (Polynesia), Stampida and Silver River Flume (Far West).