Hostal Poblenou: a welcoming bed and breakfast near Bogatell Beach, Barcelona
Hostal Poblenou is known for its peaceful atmosphere, friendly feel and proximity to the beach. If you're a fan of strolls along the seashore and authentic vibes, this B&B and the surrounding area is the place for you!
Carrer de Taulat 30
From €55 in low season
For accommodation with a personal touch
Step through the door of Hostal Poblenou, and you’ll feel right at home. There’s a welcoming, family-run feel to the place, created by the lovely Mercè – the owner – and her team of friendly staff. Have questions? Looking for recommendations? Just ask – everyone here is happy to help!
Hostal Poblenou: a Bed & Breakfast by the beach
You can’t see the sea from the windows, but it really isn’t far…
A ten-minute walk (or a couple of minutes on a bike) will take you to the immense and gorgeous Bogatell beach, perfect for sunbathing, strolling or for a dip in the Mediterranean.
Rooms at Hostal Poblenou
The B&B includes nine simply-decorated bedrooms, six on the first floor and three on the second.
- All of the rooms are light, bright and smoke-free.
- They all have heating and air conditioning, and you can adjust the temperature to suit.
- All of the rooms have private ensuites. The larger Picasso room (sleeps 3-4) is the only one with a separate bathroom.
Breakfast at Hostal Poblenou
Breakfast is served from 7.30-11am. Options are displayed on two large chalkboards on the walls (one in Spanish, the other in English).
Choose from tea, coffee or hot chocolate, then take you pick of two options from the board: toast with sweet or savoury toppings, smoothies, pancakes with nutella, fruit, bacon and eggs, porridge and more…
In the summer, you can choose to have your breakfast on the hotel’s pretty, flower-bedecked terrace.
Good news for early birds: if you need to leave before 7.30am, let the staff know, and they’ll make you a breakfast sandwich to enjoy with a hot drink in your room.
Hostal Poblenou: highlights
- If the weather’s nice (which is likely – this is Barcelona, after all), take your breakfast or enjoy a well-deserved break on the terrace. Revel in the warm sunshine as you sip your coffee – what could be better than that?
- The service here is personal, creating a relaxed atmosphere and a great community feel amongst visitors to the B&B.
- The Hostal isn’t particularly central, but the location is great, a few minutes from the beach. Whether you’re planning to go for a run or swim in the sea, stroll along the Rambla Poblenou, enjoy creative tapas at 58 restaurant, test the flexitarian offerings at Monopol or try horchata (a typical local drink) at Tio Che, there are plenty of things to do nearby.
- Beach towels and parasols can be borrowed from reception during the summer months.
- As the rooms are all upstairs and there’s no lift in the building, Hostal Poblenou is not accessible for wheelchair users.
- Breakfast is served from 7.30 – 11am.
- There are tea and coffee making facilities in all of the rooms.
- Check-in is from 2 – 9pm. You may be able to check in earlier if your room’s ready, or if not, you can leave your bags at reception for the day.
- There’s a 50 euro supplement if you want to check in after 9pm, and you’ll need to let the hotel know in advance so that someone will be there to let you in.
- Check-out is between 8am and noon, but luggage can be left until 9pm.
- The B&B is animal-friendly. The two resident felines love to interact with guests, and well-behaved pets are admitted free of charge. Nice!
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 3 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Valérie, the creator of Barcelona Top Travel Tips, loves discovering new places, finding the words to describe them, and coming up with little illustrations for the website. Her favourite thing in Barcelona is the unusual, curvy architectural features of some of the city’s buildings. Some say she’s a dreamer… in any case, a city full of works by Gaudí is a great place for her!