Set in a beautiful building, this elegant 4 star hotel intelligently combines a modernist aesthetic with modern trends to create a unique and refined atmosphere.
The hotel entrance is large and welcoming. The reception is open 24/7 and the staff speak multiple languages.
The Hotel Indigo restaurant
The “Gastro Bar Catalunya” restaurant gives onto an internal courtyard and offers local dishes as well as a creative Catalan menu.
The hotel bar
The presence of red velvet stools and bottles of alcohol placed on shelves evokes a refined 1930s-style bar.
The immense internal courtyard at the Hotel Indigo
- One of the best things about the Hotel Indigo is its huge courtyard (quite common in Barcelona), spread out over two floors. On the first level you will find loungers and couches for enjoying the sun and a drink in a very tranquil atmosphere.
On the same level you will also find a fitness studio, which is open 24/7 and arranged in a glass air-conditioned room with ultra-modern machinery, weights and stretching equipment.
The pool is located on the floor below and it is open from 11am to 7pm. It is not very big but it is enough to cool down in.
Hotel Indigo room
The 77 rooms of this hotel are tastefully arranged and inspired by the Catalan modernist period. For this reason all of the rooms have a wall that is completely dedicated to a photo or an illustration of this period.
Elegant, air-conditioned and sound-proof, they all have every necessary comfort, including a satellite flat screen television, a balcony or terrace, a mini-bar, tea and Nespresso coffee machine (included in the room rate).
The bathrooms are spacious, and some have a spa and hydromassage bathtub. All products are from the Dutch brand Rituals, which you can learn more about in this article.
Information and little bonuses at the Hotel Indigo
- Check-in is from 3pm and check-out is 11am at the latest. If necessary you can use the free luggage service.
- “Standard” rooms are available from 119 euros.
- Prices vary enormously depending on the dates and type of room (superior, deluxe, executive, suite)
- The Hotel Indigo has 6 smoking rooms.
- Hotel Indigo works with an external massage service, which is available in each room.
- It is also possible to rent a 3D television or a Playstation but given everything there is to see in Barcelona, that’s not necessarily a good idea…