La Mundana de Sants: an exceptional gastrobar in Barcelona
If you're adventurous when it comes to food, get yourself to la Mundana de Sants, where creativity is always on the menu!
Carrer del Vallespir, 93
Metro: Plaça del Centre (L3) or Sants Estació (L3 or L5)
Every day 1pm to 3:30pm and 8pm to 11:30pm
Between 20 and 30 euros each
For its creative cuisine
If you have a refined palate and curious taste buds, head to la Mundana de Sants and prepare to be surprised by their original and innovative dishes!
La Mundana de Sants and its highly creative cuisine
Just a few steps from the biggest train station in Barcelona, you will find la Mundana de Sants (“Society” in English). This place calls itself a “gastropub” and offers fusion cuisine influenced by French, Japanese and Mediterranean cooking, otherwise known as the perfect blend of finesse, flavour, originality and freshness!
At la Mundana de Sants, the chefs juggle modern and traditional styles and play around with different cooking methods. The result is nothing short of astounding!
- For info: in 2016, la Mundana de Sants was voted best restaurant by the readers of the newspaper El Periódico! Bravo!
The menu at Mundana de Sants
At la Mundana de Sants, choosing a dish is a perplexing process! What do you do when everything is so appetizing? It is very likely that, like me, even after carefully studying the menu you will still change your mind three times.
The menu has a wide range of meats, vegetables, fish and shellfish, combined with some very interesting ingredients!
Among the must-haves, let yourself be tempted by its surprise eggs, Asian calamari or tasty patatas bravas (totally unrecognizable if you have already tasted the classic version of this typical dish). Presented as ingots crowned with smoked aioli and brava sauce, they are delicious!
- We then had a delicious ceviche, the crab, avocado and apple tacos, and the magnificent strawberry and basil mochi for dessert (main photo). Everything was absolutely delicious!
- Our only regret? Not having the appetite to try everything on the menu!
The star drink: vermouth!
La Mundana de Sants
is a vermutería, so vermouth is the star of the show. In total there are 14 different types of vermouth to choose from (“blancos” or “negros”). Don’t hesitate to ask the staff, if you need advice!
- I tried the Mirrha vermouth (the least sweet), a real treat!
If you’re not crazy about this drink, don’t worry! There is also a vast array of wines and Cavas to choose from.
La Mundana de Sants, useful information
The price of the dishes is not the most economical, but given the quality and originality of the offering, they are very reasonable!
- Starters are priced between 8 euros and 14, mains between 12 and 14 euros and desserts around 7 euros.
- Expect to pay around 4 euros for a vermouth or a glass of wine.
- Due to the small size and open kitchen, the restaurant offers a very friendly atmosphere.
- Booking is required at least 48 hours in advance.
- The restaurant is often full and sometimes a little noisy as a result.
- Right at the back of the restaurant is a little terrace where diners can smoke or simply get some fresh air!
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 1 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Olivia has always loved Barcelona: its modernity, the fantastic climate, the sun, the beaches, the tiny winding streets of the Gothic quarter, the joyful and festive atmosphere… Like all the best love stories, this one ends “happily ever after”, and Olivia has now set up home in the Catalan capital.