Menssana: healthy food and a serene atmosphere by the Olympic port
It may be located next to a busy touristic area, but Menssana offers a moment of relaxation, pleasure and wellbeing. Why deprive yourself?
Carrer de Sardenya 48
Metro Ciutadella-Vila Olímpica (L4)
Every day 9:30am-11:30pm
from 6 euros
for healthy and original dishes
for low prices
Whether you are vegetarian, an incorruptible carnivore, a lover of exotic flavours, a food lover watching your weight or even an insatiable foodie, Menssana can grant all your wishes!
Menssana’s healthy, varied and tasty dishes
If your motto is: “Mens sana in corpore sano” or “A healthy mind in a healthy body” it’s perfect! At Menssana, fattier dishes give way to healthy high quality products!
Here, world cuisine is a high priority! The menu includes cod or prawn tacos with pico de Gallo, a Spanish specialty made from a mixture of tomatoes, onions and peppers cut into very small pieces, often found in South America, or else hummus, a delicious purée of chickpeas mixed with sesame paste and olive oil, typical of Near Eastern countries, or pakoras, Indian vegetable fritters.
If you don’t have an adventurous soul, you can always order some more classic dishes which are just as good, such as wraps, sandwiches or burgers. The chicken with tomato, cucumber and curry sauce gets our seal of approval!
If you’re looking for lightness and freshness, opt for a salad. I recommend the cauliflower, pomegranate, celery and nuts: a surprising mixture that’s really delicious!
Menssana’s low prices
We often think that healthy eating has to cost the Earth. Rest assured that this is not the case at Menssana, just the opposite!
The prices are affordable and the dishes don’t cost more than 10 euros. You will also find wraps for around 5 euros, sandwiches for 6 euros and burgers for 7 euros served with fries or salad. The daily specials cost between 4.50 euros and 10 euros.
- Here, low prices do not mean small portions! The size of the burgers is very satisfying and the starters are very generous.
Menssana offers to quench your thirst with fruit juices and smoothies at 3 euros or milk shakes for 4.50 euros. If you prefer an alcoholic drink, a beer will cost you 2.50 euros and wine 3.30 euros. Good news for your wallet!
- Breakfast is served from 11am to 1pm (yes, you’re in Spain!). They offer muesli with yoghurt, sandwiches or scrambled eggs with bread and butter accompanied by hot drinks and/or fruit juices. All at a low price, obviously!
Mensana and its appealing atmosphere
Light wood furniture, plants hanging from the ceiling, simplistic decor…the atmosphere at Menssana is zen and extremely pleasant.
Due to its glass front, sunlight enters and lights up the restaurant, which is not always the case in Barcelona! In the evening, the dappled light makes the place intimate and friendly and together with the warm and fast service, helps create a serene atmosphere.
- You will have gathered that Menssana is not a tumultuous bar but rather a nice restaurant in which to spend a calm and pleasant moment while treating yourself. If you’re looking for something a little more lively, then better to try one of the many bars in the Born, the Raval, Poble Sec or even Gràcia!
Other interesting articles:
- Vegetarian restaurants in Barcelona: our favourite places for healthy food.
- Gluten-free products: where to shop in Barcelona
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 3 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Olivia has always loved Barcelona: its modernity, the fantastic climate, the sun, the beaches, the tiny winding streets of the Gothic quarter, the joyful and festive atmosphere… Like all the best love stories, this one ends “happily ever after”, and Olivia has now set up home in the Catalan capital.