Praktik is a very nice and prettily decorated hotel chain that you might remember from our article about Praktik Garden: a very original 2 star hotel or Praktik Vinoteca, devoted to the world of wine. Praktik Bakery, opened in April 2014, is just the latest. But it might be our favourite.
Praktik Bakery concept
Praktik Bakery is based on an original idea: install a bakery in a hotel (unless you think of it as a hotel installed in a bakery).
The idea is so sublime, I wonder why it took so long for it to happen!
Imagine the scene: 9am, you emerge from a peaceful sleep. While you’re still curled up in your comfortable bed, rolled in your soft duvet, an aroma gradually starts to find you. What is it? Of course, it’s the smell of hot croissants and bread, fresh from the oven. Seriously, do you know a nicer way to wake up?
After a quick shower head down to where the action is: the ground floor, nerve centre. This is where the famous bakery is found, and it’s not separate from the hotel entrance: it takes up the whole ground floor as the only occupant. Reception is discretely installed at the end of the bread counter.
Baluard, a very reputable bakery
And note it’s not just any bakery, it’s Baluard, considered to be the best bakery in Barcelona. A love of bread and artisanal skill are shared from generation to generation for years to offer a high quality product every day.
Apart from Praktik Bakery, there as only been one single Baluard bakery in all of Barcelona, in the Barceloneta area. So it’s quite exceptional to be able to enjoy their flavours in a hotel.
Praktik Bakery breakfast
The bakery is accessible to guests and non-guests of the hotel. But if you are staying there you can have a very appealing breakfast set menu: for around €7, you can have pressed orange juice, tea or coffee, bread (obviously!) with butter and jam as well as as many pastries as you like!
Frankly, the value is unbeatable!
Praktik Bakery rooms
All the Praktik Bakery rooms are doubles. Although they are fairly small, they are still functional and have a king size bed. There are three types of room:
- Double interior: less bright
- Double exterior: brighter than interior rooms, but the same price, so remember to ask for whichever type you want.
- Double superiors: the brightest (supplement of €22 compared to other rooms)
There are no triple rooms or possibility of adding an extra bed. Only babies under 2 can sleep in the same room as 2 adults in a cot supplied by the hotel.
All the bathrooms have a shower, but don’t have a bath tub.
- Room prices vary depending on the season: they start at around €90. During the year, prices can go up to €105 on average.
- Breakfast is not included in the room rate, and you will have to book it at the hotel.
- The hotel is accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Wifi is free throughout the hotel.
- Check-in is from 2pm and check-out is before noon.
- Animals are not permitted.
- Reception is open 24 hours.