Transfers between the airport and Barcelona with Aerobus: the best value for money
Article updated 11 February, 2019.
Looking for the best way of getting from the airport into central Barcelona? The Aerobus is a fast, comfortable and practical option.
5am - 1am
€5.90 one way
for speed and comfort
The Aerobus is a special bus service which runs between Barcelona airport and the city centre. Fast, efficient and affordable, it is particularly practical for transfers into the city from terminal 1 or 2.
Aerobus: a dedicated service for transfers between the airport and the city centre
There’s a “normal” bus service (no. 46) which follows a very similar route, but it doesn’t go right into the city centre (Plaça Catalunya) and isn’t intended specifically for transfers.
Optimal comfort for travellers
- The Aerobus has very comfortable seats and is particularly practical for travellers, as large areas are reserved for luggage.
- Like the city bus services, the Aerobus is fully accessible for disabled passengers.
An access ramp for people with reduced mobility is available on the bus. There is also a space reserved for wheelchairs.
Frequency and journey time
- The Aerobus runs every 5-10 minutes, and there’s always one waiting at the stop, so you can get on as soon as you arrive.
- The Aerobus service is fast, reaching Plaça Catalunya from the airport in 30-35 minutes.
- The Aerobus is semi-direct, and only stops at two or three stations, unlike the no. 46, which serves several stops.
- There are two Aerobus lines: one for terminal 1, one for terminal 2. The no. 46 serves both terminals.
Period of validity
- The one-way ticket of the Aerobus is valid for one year.
- The return ticket is valid until 15 days after validation of the outward journey.
Aerobus: exclusive advantages
- Free on-board wifi
- Free map of Barcelona, containing information for tourists and money-off vouchers
- LCD screens showing practical information about Barcelona
From the airport to central Barcelona
The terminal 1 Aerobus stop is on the floor below the arrivals hall.
- Simply head toward the back of the arrivals terminal, turn left onto the descending ramp, and you’ll find the stop in front of you.
The video below will give you an idea of the route to take.
- Note the producers’ desire to present their itinerary in detail means that the route seems longer and more complicated than it actually is!
Leave the arrivals hall and turn left. If you’re at terminal 2C, head toward terminals 2A and 2B: the bus stop is on the way.
The first stop in Barcelona is Plaça Espanya, a metro and train station served by a large number of lines.
Gran Via – Urgell
The next stop is at Gran Via-Urgell.
The penultimate Aerobus stop is at Plaça Universitat.
Plaça Catalunya is in the center of Barcelona. In addition to being the Aerobus terminal, it’s a stop on many bus, metro and train routes. There’s also a taxi rank next to the Aerobus stop.
From central Barcelona to the airport
The Aerobus leaves from Plaça Catalunya, from the same stop used when dropping off passengers from the airport.
- Warning: buses A1 and A2 are identical, so make sure you get the right one! The first serves Terminal 1, whilst the second serves Terminal 2.
Sepúlveda – Urgell
In this direction, the Aerobus doesn’t stop at Plaça Universitat or Gran Vía-Urgell – these stops are replaced by a single stop at Sepúlveda-Urgell.
The final stop before the airport is Plaça Espanya.
- Attention, temporarily, the Aerobus only runs between terminals T1 and T2 of the airport and Plaza Espanya in Barcelona. The rest of Barcelona stops are cancelled.
Airport: T1 or T2
Simply choose the Aerobus – A1 or A2 – which serves the terminal of your choice.
The Aerobus runs 365 days a year at the same frequency every day, including weekends and public holidays.
Plaça Catalunya > Terminal 1
- 5am – 6.40am: every 10 minutes
- 6.50am – 9.45pm: every 5 minutes
- 9.50pm – 12.30am: every 10 minutes
Terminal 1 > Plaça Catalunya
- 5.35am – 7.20am: every 10 minutes
- 7.30am – 10.20pm: every 5 minutes
- 10.25pm – 1.05am: every 10 minutes
Plaça Catalunya > Terminal 2
- 5am – 12.30am: every 10 minutes
Terminal 2 > Plaça Catalunya
- 5.35am – 1am: every 10 minutes
- €5.90 single
- €10.20 return
You can buy your ticket online, from the machines at the Aerobus stations (note that they don’t always work) or directly, on the bus (cash only, no notes of more than €20).
Buying your tickets online is fast and simple, and you don’t need to choose a time in advance.
- Click here to calculate your route between the airport and your hotel in Barcelona.
- For more information on the different means of transport between the airport and central Barcelona, click here.
Take us with you!
Like this article?