Guided tours of Parc Güell: our top picks in Barcelona
Article updated 28 August, 2019.
Ready to discover Barcelona's most iconic park? Here are two tried-and-tested options for guided tours of Parc Güell, selected especially for you!
Parc Güell is one of Barcelona’s most-visited sites, and for good reason! Astonishing, colourful and downright fantasmagorical, offering panoramic views over the city, the park is a truly unique destination.
Taking a guided tour is a great way to get the most out of the magic of the place whilst learning more about the creative genius of Gaudì. Here’s our take on two different, but equally fascinating, tours of the park – take your pick!
Parc Güell guided tour in English: a very good value for money
When we participated in this tour, we had the chance to take advantage of the explanations of Mercè, the authorized guide with whom we had already made the great tour of Sagrada Familia. Professional and synthetic, she gave us a lot of interesting information about this incredible park.
- Group size: small (we were nine people)
- Flexibility: the tour is well-organised and divided into two parts. The first part covers the non-monumental, free side of the park, whilst the second is devoted to the monumental aspects, featuring the famous salamander, waved benches and the conciergerie buildings.
- Accessibility: Not suitable for wheelchair users or those with reduced mobility.
- Interactivity: The guide is very attentive and will answer all of your questions.
- Times: Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays at 10am.
- Duration: 1h30.
- No time limit: following the tour, you’re free to stay in the park for as long as you like.
- Fast-track entry is included: you won’t need to buy a ticket for Parc Güell as it’s included in the tour price.
- Guided tour price: 29.5 euros (€5 off if you book via our site)
- Booking: reservation documents are sent out by email, specifying the time of your tour and the starting point. Make sure you print them off and bring them with you.
Advantages of this guided tour of Parc Güell:
- relatively economical
- easy to book
- ideal for first-time visitors to Parc Güell
Sagrada Familia + Parc Güell: private and small-group tours
Can’t decide whether to take a tour of Sagrada Familia or Parc Güell? Want to find a guide just for you and your group? This is the option for you!
José, our helpful and friendly guide, will introduce you to Gaudí’s two most iconic works.
- Small groups: maximum group size of 6
- Flexibility: José takes account of your specific needs and wishes. If there’s something specific you want to focus on, or if, for example, you can’t walk very far, he’ll modify the itinerary for you.
- Accessibility: this tour is accessible for people with reduced mobility.
- Interactivity: José is very attentive and welcomes questions from his clients, old and young.
- Itinerary: The tour starts at Sagrada Familia, before heading to Parc Güell, where you’ll visit both the monumental and non-monemental parts of the park. There’s a taxi transfer between the two sites.
- Times: let José know when you’re free, and he’ll see what he can do!
- Duration: the full tour lasts 3 hours, with 45 minutes touring Parc Güell.
- Price: €1195 for a group of up to 6 (for larger groups, contact us)
- Booking: a two-stage process. Start by contacting José to arrange a date and time for your tour, then book your tickets for Parc Güell and Sagrada Familia. Depending on the rest of your plans, the City Pass may be a good option here.
Advantages of this guided tour of Parc Güell+ Sagrada Familia
- Tailored, personalised visit
- Great for a first trip to Barcelona: enjoy the services of a private tour guide whilst discovering Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell, two of the city’s most iconic attractions.
- Tour in English
Note: you MUST book fast-track tickets in advance of the tour
- Buy fast-track tickets for Sagrada Familia with no admin fees here.
- Buy fast-track tickets for Parc Guëll with no admin fees here.
Want to find out more about Parc Güell?
- See our article: Parc Güell, Barcelona: ticket prices and useful information
- Or this article: Parc Güell, Barcelona: history and secrets of Barcelona’s most astonishing park
Like this article?