Mapfre Foundation in Barcelona: superb exhibitions at a great price
Article updated 25 November, 2019.
The Fundación Mapfre offers exciting exhibitions of great quality at very low prices, making it a great place for art lovers of all types!
Carrer de la Diputació, 250
Metro: Passeig de Gràcia (L2,L3,L4)
Monday: 2pm to 8pm
Tuesday to Saturday:10am to 8pm
Sundays and holidays: 11am to 7pm.
For captivating exhibitions
In Barcelona, art is everywhere. you can find it in the streets, in the museums, in the galleries and even in art and culture centers like the Mapfre Foundation.
Mapfre is a Spanish insurance company that owns private foundations aimed at promoting art in a number of Spanish cities. Which is the kind of initiative we love here at Top Tips!
Mapfre Foundation: a place for art
Here, art is honored in all its forms! At the Mapfre Foundation, you can find photo exhibitions, as well as painting, sculpture and audiovisual projections.
- The Mapfre Foundation is home to works by such famous artists as Renoir, Duane Michals and even Rodin.
The Mapfre Foundation and its remarkable setting
The Mapfre Foundation is found inside the Casa Garriga Nogués a beautiful building inspired by modernist architecture, and you may spend a lot of your visit admiring the building’s many beautiful architectural features!
Built over 27000 m2, the Mapfre Foundation is spacious, calm and very pleasant to walk through. It has multiple floors and many exhibition rooms that are uniquely lit to safely display the many artworks.
- The Mapfre Foundation is just a few feet from Passeig de Gràcia, so be sure to plan a little visit after you see Gaudí’s la Casa Batlló, and la Pedrera.
- The tour suggested by the Fundación is perfect! Expect to spend an hour there to see all of the exhibitions.
The Mapfre Foundation and its low prices
- Entry is only 3 euros so it’s perfect for art lovers on a tight budget!
- Top tip: Entry is free on Mondays from 2pm to 8pm!
- Picasso-Picabia. History of painting, October 11th 2018 to January 13th 2019: it is an exhibition that will gather more than 100 artworks and pieces of both artists, a singular story of a fundamental stage of contemporary art will be traced.
- Monday: 2pm to 8pm
- Tuesday to Saturday: 10am to 8pm
- Sundays and holidays from 11am to 7pm
Lats entry: 30 minutes before closing
- Carrer de la Diputació, 250
- Metro: Passeig de Gràcia
- At the end of the exhibition there is a little shop where you can buy souvenirs.
- The explanation panels are in Spanish, English and Catalan.
- Audio-guides are available in Spanish, English and Catalan from 3.50 euros.
- The Fundación is accessible to people with reduced mobility
Like this article?