Restaurant Martinez: relaxed atmosphere and typical Catalan cuisine
The Martinez is in an idyllic setting with a sea view and typical Catalan cuisine. Book a table to find out for yourself!
Carrer de Miramar 38
from 1pm to 11:30pm
à partir de 40€/personne
for the atmosphere
The Martinez is an absolutely unique restaurant in Barcelona due to its special setting in the middle of nature, its view of the Mediterranean, and the relaxed atmosphere. It’s a real joy to find yourself there for a moment of pure relaxation.
The Martinez’s relaxed atmosphere
The Martinez’s setting is as enchanting at night as during the day, which is its main winning feature.
Between lush plants, wooden tables and lanterns you feel like you’re in an old village café. You feel like you’ve stepped into another world.
But this lovely restaurant celebrates Catalan gastronomic tradition, while openly claiming its place as a trendy restaurant.
Personally I love the atmosphere there and I am happy to pay extra for it. If this isn’t the case for you then the Martinez might not be the best place for you: for the same price you can eat much better in the small restaurants in the city centre, even though the views won’t be the same.
Between sea and mountain
High in the natural setting of Montjuïc, the Martinez offers a panoramic view of the sea and the industrial port: prepare to feel disconnected from the city!
What’s on your plate at the Martinez
Seafood and rice
The owner of the Martinez also owns the Cañete, a restaurant/bar mentioned in our article Tapas bars and little restaurants near the Ramblas. Which is a mark of quality!
The Martinez specialises in rices, paellas and seafood: lobster, oysters, shrimps, fish of the day… The menu is very varied. Good pieces of beef and veal cooked in a charcoal oven are also on the menu. However, it’s not cheap.
The Martinez top tip: the €40 set menu
The €40 set menu is available Monday to Sunday for lunch and dinner and includes:
- A half-litre of Moritz or traditionally prepared vermouth
- A “ensaladilla rusa”, tapas made with vegetables and mayonnaise.
- A choice of two (succulent) croquettes or 300 grammes of mussels
- A paella-type rice dish served with fish or seafood (cuttlefish, shrimp…)
- A bottle of wine for two
What’s really great is the theatrical way the the aperitif is served in a little barrel filled with ice. If you go for vermouth or mussels the portions are generous.
- Warning: The Martinez has a controversial policy of placing customers who order à la carte at tables with the best view. If you order the set menu you will be in the back of the restaurant which is also on the terrace and very pleasant. It’s my favourite part even if it has less of a sea view.
- If you have children, a Foosball table is set up at the back of the Martinez, which is great for keeping them occupied!
If the price doesn’t fit your budget but you want to go and enjoy the view then visit the Martinez outside of meal times for a coffee or a drink.
- The restaurant has a car park at the entrance.
- The servers sometimes only bring the main menu. Ask for the set menu too (la fórmula).
- We advise you to book in advance (stating that you want a table on the terrace) at +34 931 06 60 52 or write to them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like this article?